Texas UTSA game thread

Gio, may sound crazy but most of the time when at the game commercials are covered with on field activity so do not seem nearly as burdensome as on tv where there is no other distraction. Now don’t get me wrong it’s not always the case there are times where the teams are standing around waiting for the ‘go’ signal but it’s not as bad as you think. Having said that, I’ll readily admit I hate the delays and was doubly ticked this year and last when they talked about the rule changes to ‘speed’ up the game only to turn around and increase the length of commercial breaks.
Also, errant throw aside Quinn was having his best game ever pre injury. I am praying he is back by Oct 12, well earlier so that he is ready for that game. He is ready this year to lead this team so much more than he’s ever been. Arch is no doubt the best #2 in the land but today Quinn is far more advanced due to experience and pocket presence.
Hookem
Best 1-2 combo in the country. Almost 0 drop-off when Arch cones in .

From ESPN.com:

"Sarkisian had a nice moment late in the game when his son, Brady, a 6-2, 230-pound linebacker, got into the game late and registered half a tackle.

"I just looked up and I saw 32 in and I literally, I took my headset off," Sarkisian said. "I didn't want to hear the chatter, I didn't want to hear the call. I just wanted to watch him play football like a dad. And after two plays, then I yelled down at the defensive staff, can we blitz 32? I was like a dad would be in the stands. 'Why aren't we blitzing? Don't throw it to that guy. Run that.' So that was fun for me. I had a lot of fun and I was proud of him.""

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back