Texas-Miss St Game Thread

Texas doesn’t seem to have realized that the state rb is not going down on first or even second contact. Having said that, they played their best half and we played our worse and we’re still up 8.

Not necessarily. With Ewers, we would have a different set of play calls.
Yeah but they’re determined to take away the running game and short passes to the flats. I think Miss St would also challenge Ewers to beat them deep.

The deep game seems to be Arch’s strength. Think the old Oakland Raiders “vertical passing game.”

Honestly, not a great offensive game plan either.

At the beginning of the game I kept wondering if Sarks plan was to not run the ball at all to protect the backs. Seriously.

Then the running calls that did come were just awful the the screen passes never worked.

The one truth today has been downfield passing. Do that and do some better running and we'll blow them out in the second half.

Stay with the same weird calls and we'll be in a dog fight.

MSU’s DC is in a quandary now. When he rushes 3 or 4, Arch is camping out in the pocket. When he blitzes, we have single coverage on the edges with WRs who are vastly superior to their CBS.

It shouldn’t matter who our qb is in this game. Their secondary is terrible and the Horns haven’t had the ball for many plays the first half to take advantage.
Fumble killed one possible scoring drive, not to mention the dropped td pass.
It’s not as bad as it appears, but we can’t do this against a better opponent.
Horns Up!!

Too close. MSU is monopolizing TOP - and the Texas defense is allowing a lot of rushing yardage. Need some good halftime adjustments. A quick TD to open the second half would be in order.

Ok we get the ball first. Surely we have a plan to march right down the field and score. My prediction.
I agree...
leslie nielsen shirley GIF by simongibson2000

Back