Texas Longhorns vs. 14 Oklahoma State Cowboys

Kudos to the team, Raven was great, and all the starters, but the bench really came out to play...proud of Aubrey for going up on their big and pushing, Kat for coming up with some good stuff, and Rachael for making some great plays...those two freshmen are playing really well!!

This is the Texas team we knew was there....yeah, baby!!

Stick around!! I hope we are on a roll!!

hookem.gif

Quote from Coach G after the game:

"I really liked what we got from our bench tonight and also from our crowd. The crowd was behind us all game long, and I want to thank them. Their energy means a lot."

We need to turn it out every game!
hookem.gif

Orangehoops, I sure wish you would have posted that the game was on the internet. I was going crazy.

I'm so glad to hear that Brittainey was on her game and helped contain Riley. That's my girl! THAT'S SO RAVEN!

Britt I'm happy for you and CONGRATS on a great win!

Now that was a team effort! I was really proud of the bench!Coach G game plan was outstanding! I also like how she still did not show OSU everything we have.We do have to go to their place.And they did not see our secret weapons in this game.Smart ideal Coach G.

Did you see that huste? Did you see that scrapping for every loose ball? What a great game! I may get my voice back in time for the Missouri game on Saturday!

Congratulations on the big win over Oklahoma St. When I saw that trapping defense in Lubbock, I thought that might be effective in slowing down Riley and making OSU big girls win the game. I didn't see the game so I don't know how they did it, but whatever it was, great job!

Meanwhile, my Lady Raiders were on their roller coaster ride through this season and just had the biggest plunge on that ride in a long, long time causing most of us to
pukey.gif

Onward...

Until you watch Riley in person, it's hard to understand how quick she is, especially with the ball. She blew by the Texas defender several times, but, as they said, the help was there. The Horns struggled on offense, but they kept running the offense and the ball started dropping through the hoop. What I was really proudest of was of the way they handled the comebacks from OSU at the end of the first half and several times during the second half. Now that is mental toughness.

Great contributions from all. This was truly a team win. Now, as has been said by posters, players and staff, gotta keep it up and get on a roll.

Great win - now there's that heart, determination, and mental toughness that I know this coaching staff is teaching this team about. I'm sure it will disappear at the most inopportune times, but they "have it" and they will get better and better at this mental aspect of the game. When it all comes together consistently - this team is going to be very good.

I actually enjoy watching this team grow. Yes it is frustrating losing to Nebraska but then beating Oklahoma State and such. But that is going to be the conference this season. There already have been a lot of upsets. It is going to be a brutal road. But if they play their game and believe in the system they are learning, they can do some damage on any given night. I hope that happens more often than not.
biggrin.gif
hookem.gif

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back