Texas-Colo St Game Thread

Some have mentioned the lack of a sack last night. That concerns me as well. But I’m starting to wonder if that is by design. Were they playing it very conservatively, perhaps attempting to disguise what they might do this coming Saturday? Maybe? (I hope so.)

I was very impressed with the lack of penalties on both sides of the ball. We will need that next weekend. :bevo:

Some have mentioned the lack of a sack last night. That concerns me as well. But I’m starting to wonder if that is by design. Were they playing it very conservatively, perhaps attempting to disguise what they might do this coming Saturday? Maybe? (I hope so.)

I made a post ( on another site).. that we would have more interceptions than sacks.
CSU gets the ball out quick.

The "two minute" timeout that turns into a 6 minute wait? At least now I know I can make it to both the restroom and the concession stand during that time.

Last edited:
The new digital down marker is a complete bust. You can hardly pick it out at all across the field, and there is no way you can read the down number. Bring back the Dial-A-Down!

Whatever they did to the sound system, it is terrible again. Cannot understand but about a quarter of what is being said, and then only if a man is speaking. A woman's voice, as was used to introduce the UT olympic athletes, does not carry at all. Could not understand a word of that.

The scoreboard itself is loaded with a bunch of useless "game facts" that are illegible but they push the score/down/distance part down to where it is very hard to read at a glance. The scores for other games are tiny with that side of the board dominated by the sponsor part, again, very hard to read at a glance. Overall terrible. Any information about who just did what (since I could not hear the announcer) was completely missing.

2minute warning exception it seemed to me at the game that the delays from commercial timeouts were less. Someone tell me was I just smitten by the heat or anyone else feel the same?
My only game comment is that we have great receivers but not breakneck speed because several catches could have been for the distance but we could not out run the defenders, comments?

Tend to agree- we have no Worthy either. But yeah they are quick, I just like to see the ‘take it to the house’ after a catch down field.

Just watched it again. Thoughts:

1. Norvell said before the game they were going to work on the run. Their 3.7 ypc might have been a hair better than last year, but it was to the detriment of their overall offense. Nicolosi didn't throw for fewer than 202 yards in any game last season, and we stuffed him to 59. Missing our big guys in the middle, but the more concerning thing against the run was how guys like Sorrell and Moore really never contained an edge.

2. I think they limited Blue from his cramps or minor injury (whatever it was) because of the state of the game and he should be a little better from here on out. Our run numbers were a little inflated from the Bond run and the Gibson run. It's not that I think we're "saving" anything for Michigan... I just think we'll be better at running for most of the season even without Baxter.

3. Bolden worries me. Some of his punt returns were suspect and while he clearly has speed, I think other receivers showed a little more poise in routes. The main three should be Bond, Golden, and Wingo, with Cook and Bolden in that next category. I'm also concerned that Moore isn't getting the ball. He'll leave. And he'll be really, really good for someone else.

4. Only 5 TFL isn't great. CSU was using a makeshift OL made up of transfers from the likes of Lamar and Utah Tech. Maybe it was a matter of "let's give them space because we're winning by 5 TDs" or whatever, but we've had individual performances rival 5 TFL in the past.

Understand, in addition to being CSU fans, those folks are also Denver Bronco fans. They're not used to treating visiting fans with any sort of hospitality.
In Fort Collins you just need to rent a Subaru and hand out Granola bars, and you'll be treated like a local.

107 is terrific for Burgers in Paris...by concensus the best in town. But you really can't go wrong at Jaxx and every meal at Borderline is worth the money, even though you have to drive almost to Oklahoma.

You sound like a veteran of good burgers joints in Paris!

... Texas

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back