Texas @ Baylor 02/01/2024

I believe we have an advantage in the paint if we use it. Taylor Jones takes way too much time deciding what to do when she gets the ball.

Everytime we go man on defense, we get beat off the bounce or they get a three.. when we are zone defense we get turnovers and Baylor miss shots. Vic, stay in zone! Stop allowing them to stay in this game. I love Vic but if we lose this game, this is on him. We need stay out of the dribble drive. I love the DD but we don’t have the guards that’s are quick and can cut corners!!!

Lastly, Taylor has to be smarter with the ball. When she catches the ball, she takes too long. She allows the defense to collapse and then she puts the ball on the floor and gets it stolen away from here. Cmon Tay, be smart!!!

Use all our height and go inside for the 4th quarter. Paint points for the rest of the night and stay in a zone.

See what happens when you switch up defenses? The box score for both teams was almost dead even, except we out rebounded them and held them to 35% FG and 23% 3FG.
Good win... it was a grind. Proud of the Texas Fight spirit that was displayed tonight.

So Vic's game plan was to Go Big or Go Home. Glad it worked out.:yippee: Liked the zone...gals seem to like it, too. (Now, I was saying earlier in this thread that Texas didn't fare well against KS or OU during the first go round. I would be VERY PLEASED if Texas beats one of them this go around!):D

Great win in Waco!

I hope Madison is good to go Sunday against K St. The hammies can be quite the nagging injury. Hopefully this won’t be an ongoing issue for her. If need be maybe she can rest through the TCU and Houston stretch

She wasn't perfect but I'm giving a high five to Mwenentanda. I thought her length on the perimeter cut down some of the 3s they might have attempted and I thought she played within herself and gave some defensive effort with movement that Gaston didn't necessarily give.

Recent Threads

Back