Texas @ Baylor 02/01/2024

brnkj

2,500+ Posts
This is a crucial week for us, and I don't expect Baylor to play near as poorly as they have been lately. They're a difficult matchup for us with our limitations on the perimeter. Hopefully we can get the W.

As much as I would like UT to win this game, my expectations for this game are more reserved, especially if Booker and Gaston are still out.

We’ll win. We’ll take the lead early and we won’t give it up. If Booker is still out… all bets are off.

Texas didn't fare well against KS, Baylor or Oklahoma in round one, whether from injuries or lack of contribution. I'll be tremendously pleased if Texas beats just one of them in round two. So, I'm not predicting, just crossing my fingers and trying to keep some fingernails.o_O

I’ll be in Waco tomorrow in burnt orange in a sea of green. I’m going with 9 Bear alumni. It sure will be fun to put a big L on em.

I’ll be in Waco tomorrow in burnt orange in a sea of green. I’m going with 9 Bear alumni. It sure will be fun to put a big L on em.
Go with God. I hope the team gives you the W. You could not pay me enough to attend a game in Wacko. While you are there, see if you can get them to relocate that camera. I mean it wasn’t enough for them to make it miserable to be there in person. They had to go and make it miserable to watch on TV too? :smile1:

Last edited:
Parking notes for the game in Waco

The area around the new stadium has been under construction for years, and still is.

The closest and quickest in and out is the three paid parking on the block at 2nd St and Clay Ave, with two historic African American church buildings with lot funds going to preserve the buildings. One is an adaptive reuse project on the National Register started by a 150 yr old congregation. The other is an active congregation more than 130. The ExtraCo bank also lets Salvation Army use their lot. There are about 70 spots total in this block and prices usually range from $15-25.

There is free street parking within a 3-5 blocks of the pavilion if you get there early enough.

Another option is to use the shuttle run by the city. Park at Heritage Square (3rd St and Austin Ave). I hear it can sometimes take a 20 minute wait coming and going at peak times, but it is free.

The stadium is very nice. Overall, the immediate area will be a really cool environment before and after games once all the construction is done, with a number of restaurants and hotels within easy walking distance.

So this is the stadium that drove Kim Mulkey from Baylor. She wanted it on campus. It is an important game on national tv with major announcers. I have been surprised we have maintained a high ranking despite the loss of Harmon and exhibiting some inconsistent play. There is some campus talk that Booker was kept out of the last game to make it more likely that she could play here. Hamstring injuries are tough to judge how much you can do. I know we have a plan and I know the coaches have been up all night worrying about this game. Full support from the Longhorn fan base.

Surprised we have maintained a high ranking? We've had one bad game, against OU.

Our first loss to Baylor was completely forgiveable (unless you hail from Seattle) given how closely it followed Rori's injury, and KSU is understandable given their quality.

Should we lose tonight, I would look for our ranking to take a hit.

Do we know if Madison is playing tonight?
Danny: "Made it to Foster Pavilion. Texas senior forward DeYona Gaston (ankle) is going through shootaround and freshman guard Madison Booker (hamstring) is stretching with about 70 minutes to go." "No official word from Texas yet but Madison Booker is going through warmups."

Amina’s confidence has plummeted since she’s been coming off the bench. Hate this for her, she was doing so well!

Andrea Lloyd was discussing Amina and one of the bad things about her getting so many minutes earlier is that she shows up a lot more on the opposing team’s scouting report

Andrea Lloyd was discussing Amina and one of the bad things about her getting so many minutes earlier is that she shows up a lot more on the opposing team’s scouting report

She has one move. That's drive to the basket.

Recent Threads

Back