Random Season News

I noticed at one point near the beginning of the game in Ames that Neyor was apart from the team - standing all alone. Didn’t seem to be part of the team. Does anyone know what’s going on?

He's been in the dog house all season.

Correct me if I'm wrong (or at least leave me under the delusion I never have been) didn't he get in the last two games on special teams to try to use his leaping ability to block FG &PAT attempts?

I was not paying attention, but why waste a space on a failed receiver when one of the younger and taller EDGEs are available?

I'm worried that I may be starting to understand Yormark. Seems to me he is conceding football to the SEC & BigTen, but trying to build the best basketball conference with a record setting basketball TV contract because basketball is his background.

List of sr's rhat could come back, go to the league or done with football.

This list is adopted from the work of Joe Cook at Inside Texas.

Grads with eligibility left:
Jahdae Barron - could use covid season. Almost definitely NFL
Trill Carter - RS in 2019 and covid year. 1 year remaining after this season. Return or retire
Jalen Catalon - RS 2019 and covid year. 1 year remaining after this season. Return or retire
Alfred Collins - covid year, 1 year remaining after this season. Return or late round/FA in NFL
Kitan Crawford - covid year, 1 year remaining after this season. Return or late round/FA in NFL
Jaylan Ford - covid year, 1 year remaining after this season. Likely 1st/2nd day NFL pick
David Gbenda - RS 2019 and covid year. 1 year remaining after this season. Return or possible NFL FA
Sawyer Goram-Welch - 2 years remain
Jake Majors - 2 years remain. Likely to return, could retire or transfer
Byron Murphy - 1 year remaining. Mid round NFL or return to try to become a top pick
Isaiah Neyor - Covid year and could likely get a injury redshirt. Was definitely a portal pick earlier this year but some talk he may return after all.
Keilan Robinson - covid year. 1 year remaining. Not likely an NFL guy at any point, Return or retire
Jerrin Thompson - covid year. 1 year remaining. Not an NFL guy this year. Return or retire
Ryan Watts - covid year. 1 year remaining. Late round NFL vs return to increase draft status
Jordan Whittington - covid year eligibile but he has stated he will not return. NFL FA likely

Grads with expired eligibility
- Jett Bush
- Christian Jones
- Ryan Sanborn
- T'vondre Sweat

Last edited:

I'm worried that I may be starting to understand Yormark. Seems to me he is conceding football to the SEC & BigTen, but trying to build the best basketball conference with a record setting basketball TV contract because basketball is his background.
One could reasonably argue that the Big 12 was already the best basketball conference. We hear that from Fran every week and I agree. Certainly adding Arizona is a boost, but not really necessary.

List of sr's rhat could come back, go to the league or done with football.

This list is adopted from the work of Joe Cook at Inside Texas.

Grads with eligibility left:
Jahdae Barron - could use covid season. Almost definitely NFL
Trill Carter - RS in 2019 and covid year. 1 year remaining after this season. Return or retire
Jalen Catalon - RS 2019 and covid year. 1 year remaining after this season. Return or retire
Alfred Collins - covid year, 1 year remaining after this season. Return or late round/FA in NFL
Kitan Crawford - covid year, 1 year remaining after this season. Return or late round/FA in NFL
Jaylan Ford - covid year, 1 year remaining after this season. Likely 1st/2nd day NFL pick
David Gbenda - RS 2019 and covid year. 1 year remaining after this season. Return or possible NFL FA
Sawyer Goram-Welch - 2 years remain
Jake Majors - 2 years remain. Likely to return, could retire or transfer
Byron Murphy - 1 year remaining. Mid round NFL or return to try to become a top pick
Isaiah Neyor - Covid year and could likely get a injury redshirt. Was definitely a portal pick earlier this year but some talk he may return after all.
Keilan Robinson - covid year. 1 year remaining. Not likely an NFL guy at any point, Return or retire
Jerrin Thompson - covid year. 1 year remaining. Not an NFL guy this year. Return or retire
Ryan Watts - covid year. 1 year remaining. Late round NFL vs return to increase draft status
Jordan Whittington - covid year eligibile but he has stated he will not return. NFL FA likely

Grads with expired eligibility
- Jett Bush
- Christian Jones
- Ryan Sanborn
- T'vondre Sweat
Thanks, cnb

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back