Random Breath Tests Planned 4 Motorists

dui checkpoints are not the same thing as this. to make life easier, the correct tact for you to take here is this:

"some people here have more knowledge of this, being legal scholars and at least one criminal defense attorney. maybe they know a little more and I have jsut learned some neat stuff on here."

* I am not telling you how to post. I am just saying that you do not know what you think you do.

This started WAY back when you said "If PBT's are inadmissible, WHICH I DOUBT..." Have you even conceded that that was incorrect?

Because you are being stopped without probable cause.

You are being required to produce potential evidence, against your self, without probable cause.

You are being required to produce evidence to prove your innocence - in other words you are guilty until proven innocent.

Can one not see how this flies directly in the face of the very concepts on which our Nation is founded?

"Those who are willing to sacrifice their freedoms for a little safety deserve neither freedom nor safety." -Benjamen Franklin

Can SOMEONE get on here and help Wahoo?

I can't believe that if 99.99999% of the population of this little Horny board are dead set opposed to this authoritarian tactic and one lone member is all for it that our humble public servants could ever get something like this passed and started on this side of The Pond. Seems the Brits are far more passively accepting of whatever the flip (using the lingo of the HipHoppapotumus (sp?) and the Rhymenocerus (sp?) but I damn sure mean the other 'f' word) Brother wants to do to 'em over there.

And what the hell is this fabled 4th Amendment some of you guys keep referencing?

I'm not getting a whole lot of enjoyment in my 'house' of privacy.

More like a coat closet and Wahoo has a general contractor in here marking off new locations for the walls, damn it...

DWI checkpoints use an array of tests to determine probable cause. They jsut don't pull you over and give you a PBT and haul you in. they can not, since they are scientifically unreliable.

I did not post a link, because I did not feel it necessary.

Also, stop saying "most states". You may be right, but show me a case where they are admissible evidence.

* the one cited earlier did not address PBT's at all.

Everything I can find on line that says PBT's are not admissible says most states, so that's what I say. Since you don't feel the need to provide a link, that's all I have to go with.

In reply to:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back