Protecting our 2nd Amendment Rights

433861543_930163165436799_7166644091814578628_n.jpg

mc,

My immediate reaction is to like your post, but then I considered some of the teachers in places like HISD, Port Arthur, DISD. and while they need it the most, the thought of some of those people with guns, scares me to death.

So, know I give the actions in Nashville half a "like".

I'm sure that some of them will suck even after training, and you can't rely on administrators to make the right choice on everyone. But if they just step up and do more than the worthless lowlife cowards in Uvalde I'm all for it. I can't think of anything worst than just standing around letting little kids be slaughtered.

The bill was largely written for rural schools that cannot find Resource Officers (Tennessee provides for SRO's at all schools). The superintendent or principal can decide yes or no on any particular teacher. If allowed, requires 40 hours of training per year, must pass psychological tests and other requirements. Honestly, a common sense law. Nashville ISD already said no and I think that is fine as there are police officers within minutes of any school. The district does not employ SRO's at all schools as they think police presence would scare the kids. Very dumb.

The bill was largely written for rural schools that cannot find Resource Officers (Tennessee provides for SRO's at all schools). The superintendent or principal can decide yes or no on any particular teacher. If allowed, requires 40 hours of training per year, must pass psychological tests and other requirements. Honestly, a common sense law. Nashville ISD already said no and I think that is fine as there are police officers within minutes of any school. The district does not employ SRO's at all schools as they think police presence would scare the kids. Very dumb.

Being originally from rural Tennessee I would bet that 75% of the teachers in those rural schools either know how to handle a weapon safely and/or have a weapon in their vehicles already.

Back