OTHER GAMES

9/23/2023

Conference play is in swing across the nation, making for a good slate of games.

#6 Ohio State at #9 Notre Dame - the headliner game. The Bucks go into South Bend undefeated. But watch out for Hartman and ND's new-found offense.

#15 Ole Miss at #13 Alabama - lots of eyes will be watching this one to see just how good Alabama really is this year.

#19 Colorado at #10 Oregon - potential curb-stomping of the upstart Buffaloes.

#22 UCLA at #11 Utah - toss a coin. Both are pretty good, though nothing special.

#20 Miami at Temple - Miami has already proven its ability to beat down mediocre dark-red teams.

#18 Duke at UConn

#14 Oregon State at #21 Washington State - the 2 PAC leftovers meet, and they're both ranked!

Rutgers at #2 Michigan - curb-stomping up North

#24 Iowa at #7 Penn State - nothing certain about this one.

Charlotte at #25 Florida - rolls eyes

#16 OU at Cincinnati - possible trap game.

Oklahoma State at Iowa State - they can't BOTH lose...

Texas Tech at WV - Tech ain't bad. WV is a tough place for them to play.

UCF at KSU

SMU at TCU - the Iron Skillet. Upstart Ponies take on Dykes' Frogs who are looking to bounce back into relevance.

Auburn at Texas A&M - a plodding game with lots of mistakes by both teams. Painful to watch. Somebody has to win it, in theory...

Kentucky at Vanderbilt

Army at Syracuse - Army could win this one, they probably will

Maryland at Michigan State - interim coaching at Mich St.

Minnesota at Northwestern - nobody cares

Cornell at Yale - the Ezras visit the Elis

Colgate at Holy Cross - brush your teeth and go to Mass

La Tech at Nebraska - I think I'm going to root for La Tech in this one

Arizona at Stanford - the desert dwellers travel to the Atlantic Coast for the big game :yes:

#5 USC at Ariz State - Trojans keep on rolling. USC appears to be USC again.

Cal at #8 Washington - Huskies keep notching W after W. Pretty soon, folks will take notice. There could be an epic battle between USC and Washington for PAC supremacy this year.

Georgia Tech at Wake Forest - ???

#4 Florida State at Clemson - Clemson is down, but this is a dangerous game for the Noles.

#17 North Carolina at Pitt - Mack's guys melt the steel curtain

Miss State at So. Carolina - (talking about the pass rush here) Cocks penetrate Miss St's pocket.

New Mexico State at Hawai'i - Aggies get their butts whipped by Rainbows.
I forgot this one:

Arkansas at #12 LSU - Nothing's certain in this one. Watch for the Tigers to pull away and outlast the Hogs.

Now late 4th quarter, Air Force leading San Jose State, 38-20. USAFA 383 yards rushing, no turnovers. Time of possession - USAFA 36 minutes, SJSU 18 minutes. Usual mode for Air Force. They have passed the football tonight - 2 for 2, 28 yards.

H Card another rough game as Purdue’s WB.

2 ints and a fumble. Hoped for a better school for him.
I don't really call a last play of the half hail mary an interception, but the other one was bad. Otherwise, I thought he played really good considering he got no help from teammates. He had some great scrambles to pick up yardage with his feet and to buy time to thread the needle on some passes.

He definitely could be playing for a better school.

I don't really call a last play of the half hail mary an interception, but the other one was bad. Otherwise, I thought he played really good considering he got no help from teammates. He had some great scrambles to pick up yardage with his feet and to buy time to thread the needle on some passes.

He definitely could be playing for a better school.
He WAS playing for a better school. He was 2nd team, but them's the breaks.

Time to get this thread started. Games are on*!!!

*except aggy-auburn on u-verse for some technical reason.

Early observation - if we handle OU pass rush, we will score on them. OU does seem to have better D this year. (Edited)

SMU up 3-0 very early on TCU
Can they hang with the Frogs?
bugs.jpg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back