Old UT Photos

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we the only school that has its primary color trademarked.

Also, DKR admitted he went back to the darker orange because it was closer to the color of the J5V football, making it harder for the defense to see.

Sabre,

You are correct. I believe at one time UT was the only college with the primary color trademarked. Not sure if that is still the case.

Re: DKR, I remember my Father telling me that DKR did admit to changing to the darker shade of orange to further hide the ball. In the early 60's the jerseys were a bright orange and around 1964 - 1965 it changed to the darker burnt orange.

Last edited:
Sabre,

You are correct. I believe at one time UT was the only college with the primary color trademarked. Not sure if that is still the case.

Re: DKR, I remember my Father telling me that DKR did admit to changing to the darker shade of orange to further hide the ball. In the early 60's the jerseys were a bright orange and around 1964 - 1965 it changed to the darker burnt orange.
Further. During the days of flimsy, tear away jerseys, when wet with sweat or rain, the jersey darkened to a version unfairly similar to the J5V. NCAA only regulated the dry color. A fact not lost to Coach Royal.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back