Old UT Photos

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Dionysus, Jul 28, 2017.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  2. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

My Dad was a WW2 veteran on the GI Bill, that graduated from UT in 1949 with a biz degree. He was also a car guy back in those days. He would have easily identified that car and appreciated it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, but would he have identified the co-ed? If the apple didn’t fall far from the tree, I suspect he would have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. WorsterMan

Yeah, I suspect he would have recognized her if she was a student... UT was still small enough in the late 40's, you knew a lot people.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 17, 2024 at 10:15 PM
  6. WorsterMan

Speaking of old cars, here are a few in front of Gregory Gym. I don't recognize cars this old but suspect this photo was taken in the late 1920's or early 30's ...

[​IMG]

These cars in front of the gym appear to be 1940's?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Interesting to think about the few times I was in that building (Gregory, and all the other buildings) while on campus and never gave much thought to how long they had been around, or how many other students from years past had been through there. It gives me such an appreciation for the opportunity to be at UT for a little while in my life and experience this great institution and all its gifts.

• Like Like x 3