NCAA Tourney Games (other than Texas)

I saw that! Then later, during a timeout, she went to the scorers table and started jawing at that same referee. An assistant had to pull her back. A technical foul(s) should have definitely been assessed.
Two words... Stanford privilege.
I noticed that too! It looked like the ref was acting like he couldn’t hear, but that should have been a technical which could have lost them the game.

With the game tied and ISU getting the ball with like 53 seconds left, I was very surprised that with 2 timeouts left Fennelly didn't use one. Then after an offensive rebound with like 39 seconds left, he still didn't call a timeout. Crooks ended up taking a shot with like 20 seconds left. I actually thought that type of clock mismanagement would cost ISU the game at the end of regulation.

Tennessee is the woulda/shoulda/coulda team of the season. Proved that they were every bit as good as anyone when they played well, but could never string together 4 consistent quarters.

They had the talent. Too bad Rickea Jackson didn’t come play for Vic considering how much she liked him.

With the game tied and ISU getting the ball with like 53 seconds left, I was very surprised that with 2 timeouts left Fennelly didn't use one. Then after an offensive rebound with like 39 seconds left, he still didn't call a timeout. Crooks ended up taking a shot with like 20 seconds left. I actually thought that type of clock mismanagement would cost ISU the game at the end of regulation.
I was rooting for ISU - Big 12 and all... But I have to say that after having faced that team twice, and with as good as Audi Crooks is getting, and recognizing that I'm violating the "one game at a time" tenet, I am looking forward more to Stanford than I would have to ISU.

Was rooting for OU (Big 12) until I saw who was reffing.

OU’s “favorite ref” couldn’t bail them out this time. Roy Gulbeyan is a piece of :cursing2:

Was rooting for OU (Big 12) until I saw who was reffing.

OU’s “favorite ref” couldn’t bail them out this time. Roy Gulbeyan is a piece of :cursing2:
After hearing all the OU fans rooting against us in Kansas City after they got beat out of the tournament... I won't be rooting for them again ever unless, of course, their winning benefits us in some way. I do like Jenny though.

West Virginia has certainly made Iowa/Caitlin Clark uncomfortable with their tough physical defense. Hawkeyes only scored 6 points in Qtr 2 and lead at the Half by just two points (26-24)

As much as I'd like to see Creighton beat UCLA and West Virginia beat Iowa, all that ends up doing is make LSU's road to a Final Four that much easier. UGH!

At halftime Zags are shooting lights out. 68% from 3. 58% overall. They play five-out and are looking for first three. Match-up problem for Horns. We should do ok inside if we could play Jones. She can’t guard anybody that starts. Zags post is a 3 point threat and good inside at 6’-1”. Their guards are very quick. We’ll have a hard time guarding the three point line. Gaston also can’t guard their post at the line. Perhaps Moore has to guard their post. But we don’t have four quick guards that can play. Guess I hope Utah can come back and win. Utah and Pili are good but better matchup for Horns.

Gonzaga over performed from the three shooting 55% compared to their usual 39. They will be a real challenge for us. They’ve played a tough schedule with a net ranking of 12 which is the highest net ranking we’ve played since UConn when we still had Rori.

UT absolutely has to bring its best defense. And one but preferably both Holle and Gonzales need to contribute on both ends.

Wow. So I had to look this up. Gonzaga U is located in Spokane. And Coeur d’Alene is 36 minutes across the border in Idaho. Idaho is not known for uhhhh....let's say cultural diversity.

But now, Texas vs. Gonzaga moves to Portland, on the other side of the state of Oregon and a bit further away from the bigots.

I’ve lived in that part of the country twice…it’s no more prevalent there than anywhere else

I’ve lived in that part of the country twice…it’s no more prevalent there than anywhere else
I haven’t lived there but I’ve been to the state, and my personal experience is that if you are from a marginalized group that “the vibe” there. . . is palpable.

Vic spoke a bit about this incident in the media availability today. He questioned why these games are scheduled in a city that cannot accommodate all the teams, visitors, etc. resulting in some teams ending up in hotel rooms thirty miles away and spending much of their time on buses. Those kids miss the whole experience of the event. Really unfair. As Vic said these kids worked hard to make it to that point and should be rewarded. But, they end up riding 30-40 minutes on a bus and being bullied and called racist slurs. Shame on Idaho and more shame on whoever selects these venues year after year. Vic also spoke some on the unfairness that some schools (Stanford, UConn, South Carolina and a few more) having home court advantage all the way through to the final 4. As he said a number 1 seed should not have to travel halfway across the country to play a lower seeded team on their home court. What’s the reward for the one seed? He seemed to be rather unhappy about how it is handled now suggesting it was time to find a neutral venue and bring all the last 16 or eight teams in and play to the end.

It should be major airport hubs: Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Salt Lake, Atlanta. It’s never going to be perfect but Portland and Albany? That is just plain stupid. Or just make it Vegas so everyone can get cheap flights, cheap hotels and cheap buffet dinners! :beertoast:

It should be major airport hubs: Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Salt Lake, Atlanta. It’s never going to be perfect but Portland and Albany? That is just plain stupid. Or just make it Vegas so everyone can get cheap flights, cheap hotels and cheap buffet dinners! :beertoast:
Debbie Antonelli agrees with you. All 16 teams there and play it out.

I’d love for the Sweet Sixteen to be in Vegas!

I didn’t realize Spokane couldn’t handle three visiting teams simultaneously. Perhaps the NCAA will reconsider giving Gonzaga a waiver to host in the future. I’m glad Utah is speaking out about this .

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back