NCAA Tourney Games (other than Texas)

I doubt they’ll be rooting for the Horns.
I can tell you first hand from being in Kansas City NOBODY roots for us except us. In our game vs Kansas, there were a few KSU fans cheering for us but that was the only time.

So…. Tech didn’t get invited to the NCAA and WBIT. And then they put out a statement that they would not accept invitations from any other tournaments even though the WNIT was scrambling to get enough teams and the only other tournament, the WBI, was cancelled because it couldn’t get enough teams. I am beginning to feel sorry for them… the players… not the coach… or the fans.

Shae Ralph's Vanderbilt team defeated Columbia in a first four game held at VA Tech. They will now face Baylor in the first round game.
:popcorn:

Vanderbilt only won something like 12 games last year and bottom of SEC to making the NCAA Tournament this season. They may have finally found a good coaching fit there.

Vanderbilt only won something like 12 games last year and bottom of SEC to making the NCAA Tournament this season. They may have finally found a good coaching fit there.
Hoping they can win another one. If not, Baylor has a good chance of making the Sweet 16. Virginia Tech has still not stated whether or not All-American Center Liz Kitley will be available.

So…. Tech didn’t get invited to the NCAA and WBIT. And then they put out a statement that they would not accept invitations from any other tournaments even though the WNIT was scrambling to get enough teams and the only other tournament, the WBI, was cancelled because it couldn’t get enough teams. I am beginning to feel sorry for them… the players… not the coach… or the fans.

In addition to having a mediocre season, it's possible that TT athletics declined to spend the money to go to a post-season tournament. Why pay for travel, food, hotel, etc., for another embarrassing beat down, probably at a site with few TT fans? That team has a long way to go to get any respect, which is sad for the players.

Hoping they can win another one. If not, Baylor has a good chance of making the Sweet 16. Virginia Tech has still not stated whether or not All-American Center Liz Kitley will be available.
Just announced Kitley is out due to knee injury on March 3rd (meaning they knew March 4th).

Just announced Kitley is out due to knee injury on March 3rd (meaning they knew March 4th).
Damn!!! The door is wide open for Baylor to make the Sweet 16. During the bracket reveal I could tell, by her reactions, Nicki Collen knew they'd been dealt a VERY lucky hand.

1st round games of particular interest...
Iowa State vs Maryland :e-fire:
Brenda Frese got her coaching career started as an assistant under Wild Bill. In fact, her younger sister Stacy played on one of ISU's most successful teams. Should be a good one!

Kansas vs Michigan:e-fire:
This one should be very evenly matched. I'm predicting a barn burner!

1st round games of particular interest...
Iowa State vs Maryland :e-fire:
Brenda Frese got her coaching career started as an assistant under Wild Bill. In fact, her younger sister Stacy played on one of ISU's most successful teams. Should be a good one!

Kansas vs Michigan:e-fire:
This one should be very evenly matched. I'm predicting a barn burner!

Every time I watch Maryland, I think Frese is overrated

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back