Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; Turks proving to be our enemies

I know about a dozen Croatians here in America, and one back in Croatia. All except 1 are good folks. They're doing just fine here. One family is doing quite a bit better than "just fine."

I have no disagreement with this. I have worked with several Serbians. I have worked with people from all over the world. I work with an Arab Palestinian who created a whole technology system and has run it and innovated in it for decades.

I have no disagreement with this. I have worked with several Serbians. I have worked with people from all over the world. I work with an Arab Palestinian who created a whole technology system and has run it and innovated in it for decades.
When you encounter individuals of most any ethnic group as human beings worthy of respect the results are usually pretty good. Politics, group think, predjudice and simple geography sometimes make that difficult.

When you encounter individuals of most any ethnic group as human beings worthy of respect the results are usually pretty good. Politics, group think, predjudice and simple geography sometimes make that difficult.

Yes. That is why I value individualism and reject collectivism. The far right and the far left think in terms of collectives for deciding who is guilty and who is not. Valuing individual rights means you have to care that civilians are killed in wars.

Mona I know You did not mean to imply any HF poster who has posted support of Israel in this thread does not care that civilians on either side have been killed.

Last edited:
I've got it:

ALL nations of the world follow Switzerland and declare neutrality. There will never be another war.

Mona I know You did not mean to imply any HF poster who has posted support of Israel in this thread does not care that civilians on either side have been killed.

Not y'all. But there are people out there that have stated this opinion repeatedly.

There is possibly nothing that hi-lights Liberal hypocrisy more than their defense of Muslims; especially Hamas. All this while they make no secret of their total hatred for Christians (white Christians; remember, Christianity is huge in the black and Hispanic cultures). There is nothing feminist, green or pro-LBGTQ+ about the religion or them. They are the epitomy of the patriarchy in their world. How do the Liberals get away with this incredible disconnect?

Big Hamas leader killed in Iran

"Hamas said its political leader Ismail Haniyeh has been killed in an overnight strike in the Iranian capital Tehran, a major development ...

Haniyeh’s death is, both strategically and symbolically, a dramatic blow to Hamas, eliminating its most public figure who headed up the group’s political operations while living overseas."

Good to see that they hit someone in Hamas this time. Need more targeted action like this and less of the other junk.

There is possibly nothing that hi-lights Liberal hypocrisy more than their defense of Muslims; especially Hamas. All this while they make no secret of their total hatred for Christians (white Christians; remember, Christianity is huge in the black and Hispanic cultures). There is nothing feminist, green or pro-LBGTQ+ about the religion or them. They are the epitomy of the patriarchy in their world. How do the Liberals get away with this incredible disconnect?
Bad place to ask the question. I'm maybe the most liberal poster here and the positions you attribute to liberals seem wacky as hell. I don't consider Muslims as less than human and I'm willing to defend that

Bad place to ask the question. I'm maybe the most liberal poster here and the positions you attribute to liberals seem wacky as hell. I don't consider Muslims as less than human and I'm willing to defend that

No. It's not a bad place to ask the question unless you mean it's the wrong thread, which I have been guilty of violating in the past.

I'm not saying they are less than human. I lived with one for three years.

My feeling is this; I'm not attacking Muslims. I'm saying that the Liberal media and elites protect Muslims at all costs (PCness) while openly attacking white Christians. I'll go to my grave believing that is the political reality of this country on the Left. I think they are very fundamental and contribute very little to progressive thought in this world.

Croc
No this is admirable, "I don't consider Muslims as less than human and I'm willing to defend that"

Are Muslims willing to defend Gays and LGBTQ?

Croc
No this is admirable, "I don't consider Muslims as less than human and I'm willing to defend that"

Are Muslims willing to defend Gays and LGBTQ?
Muslims as individuals? Sure, a lot of them would/do. Muslims running a fundamentalist theocracy? Nope!

In a really random way I had a chance to meet a resident if Israel today. Really nice guy. I mentioned how much I ave enjoyed interaction with his countrymen. He invited to visit, but added ...maybe not right now
He told me there are people of goodwill on both sides and there is a path to peaceful coexistence. But it will take getting those kinds of people in leadership positions.

In a really random way I had a chance to meet a resident if Israel today. Really nice guy. I mentioned how much I ave enjoyed interaction with his countrymen. He invited to visit, but added ...maybe not right now
He told me there are people of goodwill on both sides and there is a path to peaceful coexistence. But it will take getting those kinds of people in leadership positions.

Yeah. Netanyahu has to go. Part of why the military action has gone on for so long (10 months) is because he most likely loses his position when it is over. He and those aligned with him very cynically use power.

Saw the film "Golda". Interesting movie-making. Similar to Churchill movie. And, like Churchill, she seemed to bear the weight of the world on her shoulders at times. There were about 10 moments where if something went wrong, it would have been the end of Israel.

I didn't know this part before. When things were exceptionally bleak on the Western (Egyptian) front, none other than then-armor commander Ariel Sharon recommended and executed a daring plan, thinking far outside the box. While Israel was on the defensive and getting shellacked by Egypt's overwhelming armor and infantry, Ariel Sharon mounted a lightning-fast counter-offensive and dashed tanks across hastily constructed pontoon bridges over the Suez canal into Egypt proper, threatening Cairo itself. Despite being greatly outnumbered and outgunned, Sharon cut off/surrounded the Egyptian 3rd Army forcing a surrender and a victory in the war. Surely, this is a case study they must teach at the Army War College.

You know how Notre Dame frequently gets amazing lucky breaks in football--Israel seems to get them in warfare...

Bush welcomes Ariel Sharon
1722543458815.png

I thought Sharon was the eye patch guy.
Nope.

That was Moshe Dayan.

Ariel Sharon was the hero of the Yom Kippur war--just learned that from a movie. He called for, then made a daring move against overwhelming odds to defeat a numerically superior enemy and force their surrender. In the movie, Sharon was young and had moppish sort-of long hair.

Kissinger offered a place on the American team for the Egyptians if they took the peace with Israel. So Egypt switched sides in the Cold War, declared victory to their own people (who still think they won), and stiffed their old allies the Soviets.

Israel and Egypt have not been to war with each other in over 50 years.

tail wagging dog as usual. Hope you guys enjoy the next war.

The US has been advising Israel to quit building settlements on land taken from Palestinians fifty years ago-----for fifty years.

Israel just keeps right on building. Hold my beer and send more missiles; I am running short.

Hope all the Ivy League geniuses in DC know what they are doing.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back