Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; Turks proving to be our enemies

Two-thirds of respondents said they continue to support the Hamas-led Oct. 7 attack on Israel, in which militants killed 1,200 people and took at least 240 hostages, and 80% believe it put the Palestinian issue at the center of global attention.

...about 90% or so of Palestinians do not believe that Hamas committed atrocities such as killing women and children or raping during the attack on Israel last Oct. 7
In the June 12 poll, 40% of Palestinians in both the West Bank and Gaza said they would prefer Hamas to govern them, followed by Fatah (20%), the Palestinian National Liberation Movement in control of the West Bank and led by Mahmoud Abbas. Eight percent chose others. Support for Hamas over the preceding three months increased by 6%.

Two-thirds of respondents said they continue to support the Hamas-led Oct. 7 attack on Israel, in which militants killed 1,200 people and took at least 240 hostages, and 80% believe it put the Palestinian issue at the center of global attention.

...about 90% or so of Palestinians do not believe that Hamas committed atrocities such as killing women and children or raping during the attack on Israel last Oct. 7
In the June 12 poll, 40% of Palestinians in both the West Bank and Gaza said they would prefer Hamas to govern them, followed by Fatah (20%), the Palestinian National Liberation Movement in control of the West Bank and led by Mahmoud Abbas. Eight percent chose others. Support for Hamas over the preceding three months increased by 6%.

Israel recovers 5 bodies of kidnapped hostages murdered in Gaza.

Both stories play off of each other. That is the whole story. Violence begets more violence. The brothers, mothers, and cousins are killed by the other side. The more each side hates and seeks to kill the other.

Journalism that enflames these angers is government propaganda they use to maintain the war fervor needed to keep the war going.

Violence begets violence. And we know who initiated the violence. If Hamas gave any warning that attacks would take place so innocent lives could be spared I missed them.
Instead the attacks were deliberatly directed toward innocent civilians. Only NOW after Hamas raped and murdered with no warning are they in Gaza asking for cease fire.

Kamala Harris seems a bit "frosty" towards Israel as compared to Biden, much less the Republicans.

Violence begets violence. And we know who initiated the violence. If Hamas gave any warning that attacks would take place so innocent lives could be spared I missed them.
Instead the attacks were deliberatly directed toward innocent civilians. Only NOW after Hamas raped and murdered with no warning are they in Gaza asking for cease fire.

I'm sorry this is really dishonest or doesn't acknowledge reality.

Violence was initiated a long time ago, not 10/7/23. There has been continual violence there for more than 76 years. Evidently you don't know who initiated it. Who do you think initiated it? Hint. Hamas hasn't existed that long.

Even in the third sentence you ignore multiple reports. Egypt and and I think Jordan and Syria told Israel what was going to happen weeks before 10/7 happened. The state of Israel chose to do nothing to protect their own citizens.

Fourth sentence is correct. But ignores the fact that Israel kills civilians as method of standard practice for decades. Then after 10/7 deliberately directs mass killing on civilians for 9 months. Hamas did evil for 1 day and killed somewhere around 1200 people, some of those were military and some of those were killed by the IDF themselves. I know 13 at least. Haaretz says dozens. Others say up to hundreds. Israel kills 38,000 minimum and some estimate up to 186,000.

Fifth sentence repeats a lie. Israel knew this was coming. Israel should to a ceasefire against Gazan civilians. Israel should then continue to prosecute Hamas and bring them to justice.

Hamas is pretty shrewd. Plant a Hamas "leader" or two at a school. Israel drops bombs that blows school children and sheltering women to bits while nailing the terrorists and the world wonders if Israel lacks humanity. Meanwhile Israel laments that the US won't provide bigger bombs. I wonder if the father of decapitated 10 year old Palestinian girl loved her less than an Israeli father loved a daughter shot down at a music festival? Would hatred and a bent to violence surprise?

Mona
Provide a link of last instance prior to Oct 7 that Israel specifically attacked and murdered innocent Gazans.
Like USA prior to 9/11 Israel was warned about something might be coming. Should they have done more? Probably but HOW does that mitigate Hamas 's violence against civilians?

Mona
Provide a link of last instance prior to Oct 7 that Israel specifically attacked and murdered innocent Gazans.
Like USA prior to 9/11 Israel was warned about something might be coming. Should they have done more? Probably but HOW does that mitigate Hamas 's violence against civilians?

I linked to stuff like that early on in this thread, but everyone ignored it. Israel snipers actually killed people in wheel chairs a couple of years ago. Gazans live in the most oppressive situation on the earth. If you don't care about them now, you won't ever.

The ultimate sociological experiment.

Take 50,000 Palestinians and relocate them to the Balkans countries (an equal # per country).

Meanwhile take 50,000 Balkans people (Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, Montenegrans, Slovenians, Macedonians, etc.) and relocate them to Gaza.

And see what happens.

Take 50,000 Palestinians and relocate them to the Balkans countries (an equal # per country).

Meanwhile take 50,000 Balkans people (Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, Montenegrans, Slovenians, Macedonians, etc.) and relocate them to Gaza.

And see what happens.

Take 50,000 European Jews and relocate them to Palestine.

Oh wait a minute. That happened

Moving massive amounts of people of any kind causes problems. You know that if you have read the history of the Migration Period in Europe. I guarantee you Israel does not want Balkans moving into their part of the world. It would spell trouble.

Also if you watched the video I posted above, the interviewee mentions multiple examples of Palestinians moving out to other places and not causing problems.

There were hundreds of years, even over a thousand, with no fighting in the region. It isn't inevitable.
Falsehood alert.

Contrary to your statement, there has been no thousand year period in history with no fighting in the region.

FALSE!

Move them to MS?
"The Slavonian Lodge was founded in 1913 by the Croatian-speaking Slavs, who emigrated from the turmoil of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and found a place in Biloxi’s seafood industry. They have called themselves Austrians, Yugoslavs, and Croatians, depending upon the political developments in their homeland. They began migrating from Louisiana to Biloxi around the turn of the 20th century. The benevolent association was formed for the promotion of the preservation of the heritage and culture of the Croatian people in Biloxi. Hurricane Katrina destroyed the association’s 1938 lodge. This new building was dedicated in 2010."

And see what happens.
Here's a better experiment.

Relocate 10% of the population of Japan to Gaza, the other 90% of Japan moves to America, Canada, or Europe.

Relocate the population of Gaza to Japan.

Within a few short generations Gaza would be the leading nation of the Mediterranean, while Japan would be a dysfunctional feuding non-nation on the economic level of North Korea.

99Falsehood alert.

Contrary to your statement, there has been no thousand year period in history with no fighting in the region.

FALSE!

OMG. Really? There haven't been a thousand years of peace in Palestine/Israel? That is true for North America as well.

I admit. I forgot about the Crusades. But there were hundreds of years at a time with no war. I'm such a back pedaler! Even then my point stands. War there isn't inevitable.

"The Slavonian Lodge was founded in 1913 by the Croatian-speaking Slavs, who emigrated from the turmoil of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and found a place in Biloxi’s seafood industry. They have called themselves Austrians, Yugoslavs, and Croatians, depending upon the political developments in their homeland. They began migrating from Louisiana to Biloxi around the turn of the 20th century. The benevolent association was formed for the promotion of the preservation of the heritage and culture of the Croatian people in Biloxi. Hurricane Katrina destroyed the association’s 1938 lodge. This new building was dedicated in 2010."

This isn't the same as moving 50,000 at once directly from Europe to MS. Your example describes people acculturated in LA moving to MS. Probably in a more subtle fashion. The webpage doesn't say.

I know about a dozen Croatians here in America, and one back in Croatia. All except 1 are good folks. They're doing just fine here. One family is doing quite a bit better than "just fine."

Here's a better experiment.

Relocate 10% of the population of Japan to Gaza, the other 90% of Japan moves to America, Canada, or Europe.

Relocate the population of Gaza to Japan.

Within a few short generations Gaza would be the leading nation of the Mediterranean, while Japan would be a dysfunctional feuding non-nation on the economic level of North Korea.

The 90% of Japan will cause a disruption. That is 100 million people roughly. The 10% of Japan is moving into a place without anyone living there. Gaza's population is under 2 million now, barely anyone compared to Japan. No disruption to a native population in both bases.

The point you are making is that some cultures and people groups are better than others. I completely agree. This is a traditional conservative concept about nations. It's a fact.

The completely ironic point of this whole thing is that Japan is one of the most controlled cultures and populations in the world. They have strict immigration laws. They don't let anyone in who would try to change their culture in anyway. In the real world, Japan is the least likely to undertake such a thing. They are racist against other Asians, much less Westerners.

Back