Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; Turks proving to be our enemies

And the arrogance and small-mindedness of much of established academia enforcing their "orthodoxy" of thought was, and is, sickening. They would try to stifle, ridicule, and shut down, anyone who challenged their established views. They are the real anti-intellectuals.

They are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx, spoke of in song by great bards of long ago (circa 1975).

How TF does this tie in to the discussion...?

The Priests of the Temples of Syrinx also really hate the Jews, especially Geddy.

And the arrogance and small-mindedness of much of established academia enforcing their "orthodoxy" of thought was, and is, sickening. They would try to stifle, ridicule, and shut down, anyone who challenged their established views. They are the real anti-intellectuals.

They are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx, spoke of in song by great bards of long ago (circa 1975).
What a wonderful Rush reference!

Can Israel's leadership really be believed when they say the bombardment of the UN safe zone tents was an "accident"? I really really want to believe that, but I'm really having a hard time believing that to be the case

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-israel-pm-netanyahu-accepts-32903636

i mean, for heaven's sake, there's videos of people holding up the bodies of headless children. I felt nauseous.

what is happening??

This was inevitable. They told everyone in the North to go South into Rafah. Now they are performing military operations in Rafah. The article says that Israel killed 45 civilians and Israel claimed they killed 2 Hamas operatives.

The problem is we may never know if it was an accident or not, because the Israel who is being accused of wrongdoing will investigate itself. That doesn't mean they will find themselves innocent, but we also know how honest government investigations are when they investigate themselves.

I expect more civilians to die as Nikki Haley signed bombs as a PR stunt yesterday with the words "Finish Them". These bombs won't just kill Hamas terrorists if they are dropped anywhere in Gaza. It is virtually impossible with so many people crammed in to so little an area.

There were also pictures and video of Israeli military burning a library the other day. There is no reason to do that other than to make Gaza unlivable for people and strike terror into residents. The pictures and video were taken to celebrate what they had done.

This is why I say both sides are engaged in bad bad stuff. They both celebrate publicly the destruction they cause to the other side.

Bayerithe, it is truly sickening. We should all feel nauseous since our money is being sent to them in order to pursue this violence.

Can Israel's leadership really be believed when they say the bombardment of the UN safe zone tents was an "accident"? I really really want to believe that, but I'm really having a hard time believing that to be the case

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-israel-pm-netanyahu-accepts-32903636

i mean, for heaven's sake, there's videos of people holding up the bodies of headless children. I felt nauseous.

what is happening??
"Collateral damage in a just war," is enough explanation for some. Honestly when I talk to young adults, for whom the Six Day War and Entebbe are not cultural experiences, their horror with Israel is overwhelming.

Last edited:
"Collateral damage in a just war," is enough explanation for some. Honestly when I talk to young adults, for whom the Six Day War and Entebbe are not cultural experiences, their horror with Israel is overwhelming.
What did they think of beheaded babies, children fingers cut off, and mothers raped?

What did they think of beheaded babies, children fingers cut off, and mothers raped?
I can't articulate not my personal viewpoint as well as those who hold it. However I can safely say the ratio of suffering, death, home/infrastructure destruction in Israel vs that in Gaza is more important to them than it is to you.

There needs to be a massive push for Holocaust education in grade schools, Jr. Highs, and High Schools throughout this country.

So many of the youth have no idea.

I can't articulate not my personal viewpoint as well as those who hold it. However I can safely say the ratio of suffering, death, home/infrastructure destruction in Israel vs that in Gaza is more important to them than it is to you.
Well, don’t start no wars then.

There are no rules. Only identity.

That place rightfully belongs to the Greeks and Christendom. But something has been wrong with the Greeks' ability to organize, fight wars, and run a country for the past 2,200 years or so. They were super in their hey day. Not so much in modern times.

The Turks, on the other hand, offer little to World culture in comparison to the Greeks.* But, they have fielded formidable armies in the past. Historically, they were good at war. I'm also not aware of any other armies in history who fought with such a high % of slaves in their armies, and slaves who generally fought well. It took Poland and the HRE to crush them at Vienna--and crush them the Polish King did. Balkans people are crazy and full of irrational hatreds. But, the Turks are historically the root cause of 95%+ of the hatred in the Balkans.

*they have some good cuisine, on par with the Greeks. And there's Turkish delight.

Last edited:
There needs to be a massive push for Holocaust education in grade schools, Jr. Highs, and High Schools throughout this country.

So many of the youth have no idea.

Oh good grief. We hear about it nonstop in the media. I have kids in schools now, and they all cover it sufficiently.

I wouldn't say schools shouldn't teach it. They should. But it isn't a priority in any way to spend hours of more time on this in the classroom.

I would much rather schools teach more about the horrors of Progressives, Hippies, the New Left, the New Deal, and fiat currency.

I would much rather schools teach more about the horrors of Progressives, Hippies, the New Left, the New Deal, and fiat currency.
Those should go along with holocaust teaching, because when allowed power, progressives and leftists inevitably kill millions upon millions of people.

Back