Israel = the Good Guys in the Middle East; Turks proving to be our enemies

Iran's attack was like having two of your friends grab you to "hold you back" so you appear combative but no one gets hurt. Iran's telegraphed its punches which were mostly dodged or deflected. Maybe Iranian leaders don't want to look powerless to the governed. If Israel chooses to respond I hope the response is measured and concise. They landed a hard punch in Syria before Iran responded with a haymaker that mostly missed.

You have the right perspective. Iran responded in a way that had minimal effect. But it was the kind of response everyone says Israel or the US HAS to do when they are hit. To be clear, Iran should have done nothing. They should have publicly mourned the deaths in their embassy in Syria and asked Israel for a public explanation of what they are doing and way. Make them answer for their actions.

But I have also heard that Iran was trying to negotiate a ceasefire between Israel and Gaza. Some are saying Hamas refused the ceasefire. Ok. But so did Israel. They ignored Iran and said they are going to invade Rafah instead. Then Iran responded militarily.

Like I have said the whole time. Both sides are bad actors. To me there are no good guys. There is tit for tat escalation on both sides pointing at the other side as the bad actor. Neither side really wants peace.

I’m for turning Iran into just sand. Is that short and concise enough?

Any kind of major attack by the US on Iran would be unwise. It's one of the worst regimes in the world, but a large percentage of its population (albeit a minority) is pretty decent, at least for Shi'ite Muslims. (They've tried to oust the mullahs.) If the West clobbers them, they'll rally around the bad guys who at least weren't directly trying to kill them. Unless it was followed by a major land invasion of Iran (which nobody wants), the net result would be strengthening to the bad guys.

I'd rather see Israel hit them back in a targeted response that makes the mullahs look weak but doesn't significantly hurt the local population.

They openly want to eliminate Israel and America. I say take them out before they get nuclear warheads thanks to Obama and Biden.

Iran = an enemy of These United States.

It is illegal under US law to trade or do business with Iran.

Ayatollah Khomeini

These are the leaders of Iran we've been dealing with since the late 1970s.

"At the age of 27, Khomeini married a 10-year-old girl; they had the first of five children three years later."

"His sermons were littered with conspiracy theories, anti-Semitism and anti-Western sentiment." Hmmmmmmm, sound like anybody................?

deliveryService

They openly want to eliminate Israel and America. I say take them out before they get nuclear warheads thanks to Obama and Biden.

Iran is more likely to develop nuclear weapons if the US is more threatening and less likely if the US is less threatening.

Escalation is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Plus the US has overthrown the Iranian government before, so it's not like nothing has ever happened to them.

So apparently the US agreed to Iran's response up front. Iran was talking to Turkey and the US. Let's quit freaking out about it.

Iran tried to negotiate with Israel. They refused. Then they went to Turkey and the US to show they were responding to Israel in a way other countries would agree to.

If Iran really wanted to eliminate Israel they wouldn't have done this.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...ion-against-israel-turkish-source-2024-04-14/

Iran is more likely to develop nuclear weapons if the US is more threatening and less likely if the US is less threatening.

Escalation is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Plus the US has overthrown the Iranian government before, so it's not like nothing has ever happened to them.
Diplomacy will not work with Iran. It never has and is largely why they openly sent missiles at Israel.

Some reports are that many of Iran’s better missiles— were mostly held back and have not been used yet. Per “Our Jewish Roots.”

Last edited:
Diplomacy will not work with Iran. It never has and is largely why they openly sent missiles at Israel.

Yes. After Israel committed an act of war against them and then discussed acceptable responses with the US and Turkey.

Oh wait. Diplomacy successfully limited Iran's response. What did you say again?

Yes. After Israel committed an act of war against them and then discussed acceptable responses with the US and Turkey.

Oh wait. Diplomacy successfully limited Iran's response. What did you say again?

If we're going to discuss, who started it, then we'll never get anywhere because it goes way back and Hamas opened this recent can of worms up when they flew over the wall. Do you believe Iran is using Hezbollah and Hamas as a proxy to attack Israel? Do you think the Hamas attacks that started the current horrors in Gaza were or were not sponsored by Iran?

It's clear that Iran will always be our enemy. We can go back and say we should not have overthrown their leadership due to the nationalization of oil assets but you know, people kiss and make up. Look at us and Japan. Look at Germany and Israel.

So, what's the real problem here?

Last edited:
If our idiotic leaders authorized it, then they are worse than I thought.

Again, they fired hundreds of weapons. You think diplomacy worked? That’s just silly.

We could kill this entire thread by saying Israel was wrong in 1948 and the locals who got moved out have the absolute right of return and if Israel refuses to turn it over then they have the right to attack them at will.

Do we want to go there?

If we're going to discuss, who started it, then we'll never get anywhere because it goes way back and Hamas opened this recent can of worms up when they flew over the wall. Do you believe Iran is using Hezbollah and Hamas as a proxy to attack Israel? Do you think the Hamas attacks that started the current horrors in Gaza were or were not sponsored by Iran?

It's clear that Iran will always be our enemy. We can go back and say we should not have overthrown their leadership due to the nationalization of oil assets but you know, people kiss and make up. Look at us and Japan. Look at Germany and Israel.

So, what's the real problem here?

I don't think Iran sponsored Hamas' attack, but I don't know. Hamas attacks for their own reasons I think. I understand Hezbollah has close ties to Iran. Not sure why or when they became involved in the current situation.

Why will Iran always be our enemy?

I don't think Iran sponsored Hamas' attack, but I don't know. Hamas attacks for their own reasons I think. I understand Hezbollah has close ties to Iran. Not sure why or when they became involved in the current situation.

Iranian hard-line mullahs always will be.

If our idiotic leaders authorized it, then they are worse than I thought.

Again, they fired hundreds of weapons. You think diplomacy worked? That’s just silly.

Iran was trying to negotiate a ceasefire with Israel after they committed an act of war by bombing their embassy. They couldn't get that so they did what they did. Iran could have done more but didn't. Less is less, so yeah it did.

We could kill this entire thread by saying Israel was wrong in 1948 and the locals who got moved out have the absolute right of return and if Israel refuses to turn it over then they have the right to attack them at will.

Do we want to go there?

I think we can say that the government of Israel was wrong in 1948 and ongoing afterwards. I don't think that means all Palestinians have an absolute right of return either. But I think there are cases where some Palestinians should be given homes and land back. But it all needs to be based on documentation, deeds, etc.

Iran funds Hamas and Hezbollah. And they want to be our enemy. It’s their religion.

You are right. Iran just wants peace with the United States and Israel. I’m sure Joe will send them a pallet of cash and all will be fine.

They have the same religion as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, etc.

Not everyone hates the Jews equally. We can say the Mullahs are the problem and yes, they happen to be Muslim. But every ME country has their own relationship with the world and some are more friendly than others. And what about those other Muslim countries; does Iran get along just fine with each of them?

There is fanaticism, fundamentalism and egomania at play in these non-secular countries; all forms and levels. Iran is Iran. They have their history and apparently everything that has happened in their world has resulted in their desire to eliminate Israel and be aggressive against the US.

Back