INFLATION--FED announces 0.50% interest rate cut

Job openings in the U.S. dropped to their lowest level in nearly two years in March and layoffs rose sharply, signs that demand for workers is cooling.

You are talking about hiring of labor (demand). I am talking labor availability (supply).
Supply of Labor? That won't be a relevant financial conversation for a while. After were gone. I know demographic birth rates are down globally. That would take 25 + years to have a major impact. It will though. I'll be retired or dead.

Supply of Labor? That won't be a relevant financial conversation for a while. After were gone. I know demographic birth rates are down globally. That would take 25 + years to have a major impact. It will though. I'll be retired or dead.
Not when the labor participation rate is at multi-decade lows as it is today.

Not when the labor participation rate is at multi-decade lows as it is today.
67DCE54D-3705-4DA7-BF96-099F4DC09BB6.jpeg

Above is best graph I have at moment but I believe you have to go back to the 1970’s to see a lower participation rate.

Chop, this may not be better to you. But the article originally came from somewhere else. I consider it the best website on economics and politics in the world.

It's a Good Thing for Ordinary Americans If the US Loses Reserve Currency Status | Ryan McMaken
Yes, Mises Institute teaches hard money! Everyone needs to learn what money actually is. It’s scary how few, even successful people don’t know what money is! Zero hedge is just entertainment. I write better articles than zero hedge!

It's beginning to look that way...
3-3.5% inflation by Fall doesn’t qualify as stagflation, particularly when wages are increasing and interest rates are above 5%. Sound money!

The reason that interest rates are above 5% is the Fed continues to increase interest rates which fuel the inflation that rages on. (Go to the grocery store if you do not believe inflation is still an issue.)

The reason that interest rates are above 5% is the Fed continues to increase interest rates which fuel the inflation that rages on. (Go to the grocery store if you do not believe inflation is still an issue.)
This article says rising prices at the grocery store are due to 3 things:
- higher raw material cost
- higher labor wages
- higher demand.

mc,

Thank you for that post. I always appreciate the viewpoint of National Public Radio and their experts. In this case an expert of inflation with her degree in literature from Princeton. I have found that liberal English majors make the best business analysts.

:beertoast:

mc,

Thank you for that post. I always appreciate the viewpoint of National Public Radio and their experts. In this case an expert of inflation with her degree in literature from Princeton. I have found that liberal English majors make the best business analysts.

:beertoast:
I credit her for at least talking to some sensible right leaning economists.

(Go to the grocery store if you do not believe inflation is still an issue.)

Remember, "inflation is lowering" can be technically accurate, since inflation is a rate of increase. If it still increases, just slightly slower than before, then technically speaking, it lowered.

Remember, "inflation is lowering" can be technically accurate, since inflation is a rate of increase. If it still increases, just slightly slower than before, then technically speaking, it lowered.
So I should be happy if my grocery bill for this week increased less than it did the prior week? :brickwall:

If a Democrat is in the White House and seeking reelection, then yes.
If I were to vote for the Democrat whose policies and actions are responsible for the runaway inflation, then I would be ratifying his policies and thus voting for continued inflation. No, thanks - think I'll prefer to vote for a GOP candidate and better policies.

If I were to vote for the Democrat whose policies and actions are responsible for the runaway inflation, then I would be ratifying his policies and thus voting for continued inflation. No, thanks - think I'll prefer to vote for a GOP candidate and better policies.

The inflation was caused by Trump's covid relief programs first and worsened by Biden's continuation of that policy.

I was being sarcastic, HHD.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back