Fielding--5 ERRORS IN OU GAME 1

Chop

10,000+ Posts
As of the morning of THE IDES OF MARCH, 2023, we're the 3rd best fielding team in the Big 12.

Big 12 team fielding %:

Kansas..........0.988
Okla St..........0.986
Texas............0.972
WV.................0.968
Baylor............0.967
TCU................0.964
Kansas St......0.964
OU.................0.962
Tech..............0.951

Big 12 Conference

Last edited:
DeathofCeasar-58cfe3c33df78c3c4f0e566c.jpg

1920s-Goldsmith-Baseball-Glove-1.jpg

The sun has really been impacting the outfielders on both teams in the Tech series.

The sun shines brighter in Austin.

HD-wallpaper-bright-sunny-day-skies-sun-cloud-rays-summer.jpg

The sun has really been impacting the outfielders on both teams in the Tech series.

The sun shines brighter in Austin.

HD-wallpaper-bright-sunny-day-skies-sun-cloud-rays-summer.jpg
The sun was a huge factor today (Sunday).

We need top end sunglasses as part of our uniforms.

The sun was a huge factor today (Sunday).

We need top end sunglasses as part of our uniforms.
Sun is only an issue in early season. By May or June, it’s not as important.

Hard-nosed blocking tag at the plate by Guillemette in game 2 vs. Tech. Yeah! A football-looking move by Guillemette to prevent the run. I think it may have even injured the Tech player.

Dudes with French surnames tend to be pretty tough.

Hard-nosed blocking tag at the plate by Guillemette in game 2 vs. Tech. Yeah! A football-looking move by Guillemette to prevent the run. I think it may have even injured the Tech player.

Dudes with French surnames tend to be pretty tough.
Depends if they are the rugby or Legionaries type.

Great great leaping catch by Powell of a hard hit line drive by Tech in Game 1.
Powell is my player of the year so far, offensively and defensively he is a lights out cold blooded killer on the baseball Diamond. Just imagine if we had been able to keep Kash at 1st?!? This team would have been unbelievable on defense and offense.

I like JT but I’m getting a little frustrated at the inability to find the bag

We're used to being great in the field. This year, we're only "pretty good." At times, Daly and Jack make a great double play tandem. Other times, the ball gets stuck in their gloves or something (mostly at SS; but Jack as well sometimes). Even in OF, we've had some issues here and there. Brown is an all-star batter, but let's be honest: he's only so-so in the field. Even Campbell has dropped some balls this year that make you scratch your head. We're still a pretty good fielding team, but TEXAS is used to being the best fielding team (or it seems so most years).
Fix the jock straps first, then fielding will follow.

Out OF has really been showing some great range and good gloves lately. We’ve robbed plenty of hitters of doubles in recent games.
:ut::ut::ut:

Last edited:
Powell just bumped up his stock by many points with his glove work against Baylor. He was making highlight reel plays yesterday.
:bevo::bevo::bevo:

The outfielders continue to impress in the field (and at the plate). Their ranges are exceptional--especially Dylan Campbell.

Last edited:
I still don't know why Campbell isn't rated higher as a prospect.

Arm? Only better hose from our program was Quin Lloyd. Used to put on a show in pregame practices

I once did that too in pregame for softball. Put on a show.

But I’m never heard of Lloyd. Musta been from the days when they used corn cobs as a baseball.

I still don't know why Campbell isn't rated higher as a prospect.
Who knows. Maybe some old-school scouts still go on the "eyeball" test and think he's too short? (he's not particularly short, he's 5'11")

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-UTSA *
Sat, Sep 14 • 6:00 PM on ESPN

Recent Threads

Back