Week 3 Prediction Thread: Texas vs UTSA...Let's Keep This Train Rollin'

militaryhorn

Prediction Contest Manager
Team has to keep the momentum going and not let up this week against the Roadrunners.

Wile E Coyote GIF

Early line through Circa is Texas -30 and an O/U of 53.5.

I'm going to wait on my pick, but I'm inclined to lay the 30 and take the over. I suspect Manning gets the 4th quarter and Sark goes to the run game in the second half to avoid running up the score...

I expect Texas to be a little flat much like we saw last year against Wyoming the week after the Bama win and 2 years ago against UTSA the week after that close Bama loss. If this was the UTSA of two years ago I would even be a little worried that the Horns might be in for a dog fight for 3 quarters but this UTSA is not the Roadrunners of 2022 and even a flat Texas wins this one by 35 plus.

Texas 48
UTSA 10

Horns 52
UTSA 10

Wingo goes for over 100 total yards and the Horns register 4 sacks with Trey Moore getting two from his former team. Arch plays half of the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th quarter with Trey Owens getting mop up duty and completing his first pass.

I'm the masochist who watched Texas State vs. UTSA so you don't have to.

McCloud might be the king of QB transfers, but it's kind of shocking that he ended up at Texas State. He's good. He's kind of like "mini-Shadeur" in how he handles himself, and unlike Orji, he knows when to let go of the ball on a zone read. Strong arm. He's also a far better decision maker than Warren and Nicolosi.

Texas 55
UTSA 10

Early line through Circa is Texas -30 and an O/U of 53.5.

I'm going to wait on my pick, but I'm inclined to lay the 30 and take the over. I suspect Manning gets the 4th quarter and Sark goes to the run game in the second half to avoid running up the score...
Week 1 Sark wasn't interested in just having Arch hand off. I suspect Arch will get a drive or two where he has the full playbook to work with.

Texas 59
UTSA 6

If dark didn’t run the score up on Mich I don’t believe he will do it on anyone. I predict everyone eligible plays Sat night.
Tx 52 - 17

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back