Elon Musk Stuff

I realize this is the Musk thread so I'll only say it once here. Maybe if abortion was illegal, there would be more babies born and the countries wouldn't have the worsening age gap!

Sorry I don't want China's birthrate to go up. I want American birth rates to go up. To be free you must have 3.

My dad says you need at least 4, because the Bible says to "multiply." If you start as 2 people and have 3, you've only added. You haven't multiplied.

I disagree, Mona. The problem with solar isn't the amount of energy to potentially harvest.

Is is intermittency, storage, transmission, and a number of other issues that prevent solar from being a panacea.

Yep Sangre, and I’ll bet Musk will say his Tesla batteries are the answer to storage issue. I hate to think the environmental costs to that gargantuan battery requirement.

I disagree, Mona. The problem with solar isn't the amount of energy to potentially harvest.

Is is intermittency, storage, transmission, and a number of other issues that prevent solar from being a panacea.

It has more problems than just that. Maybe there is enough solar radiation to harness around the globe but 1 large solar farm like Elon is talking about would be a complete disaster.

For one, it is more expensive than fossil fuel sourced electricity. It also would also take 10 times the land use and mined material mass than fossil fuel based electricity would take. This is based on the energy density of solar vs fossil fuels. It makes solar a waste of time and money.

Yep Sangre, and I’ll bet Musk will say his Tesla batteries are the answer to storage issue. I hate to think the environmental costs to that gargantuan battery requirement.

The economic cost would be beyond prohibitive. It takes more than the GDP of the whole world to power 1 city for 1 hour with Li+ batteries.

^ Whatever people think of Musk, and he is a strange dude at times, I like to believe he is sincere in trying to fix things. And willing to take risks that few would take on (even if they could afford to).

Shirley they didn’t disable embedding tweets in websites. Seems like that would be a really dumb move but Elon does weird things sometimes.

guy
Hopefully enough of the people who voted Demx have realized Demx screwed them in the past are still screwing them.
I worry more about the Cheating we know Demx will do

Recent Threads

Back