Countdown to Football

David Ash - Classy QB

152056552_27358995.jpg

David-Ash-2012-Texas-Longhorns2.jpg

I so wish Ash had stayed healthy and truly had the opportunity to show he was one of the best at UT!:hookem:

12 days to kickoff.

I hate playing what if, but . . . What if this play never happened?

mccoyinjuryjpg-b273af392ad1fd91.jpg
Mack retires with a run from '04 that would've included 3 BCS wins 2 national championships & 2 big 12 championships. Muschamp takes over, 2010 is an average season but the rest of his time is similar to his time at Florida and he's gone by now.

Mack retires with a run from '04 that would've included 3 BCS wins 2 national championships & 2 big 12 championships. Muschamp takes over, 2010 is an average season but the rest of his time is similar to his time at Florida and he's gone by now.

Prior to that play when Colt when down, I was (and still am) CONVINCED that the Horns were going to beat 'Bama that night.... you could tell the coaches had the blueprint, the players were well prepared and 'Bama was on their heels from early on.

Last edited:
#11 QB - Major Applewhite, 1998-2001

One of my favorite photos of him pointing at the Colorado bench at the 2001 Big XII Championship after he enters the game and throws a long TD strike to B. J. Johnson!

Major%20vs.%20Colo._zps73ywemie.png

Major%20hookem_zps3mre0x9x.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of Horns wore #11.

Remember this guy? SO much potential....

# 11 RB, WR, Slot, Flanker - Ramonce Taylor, 2004-2005

RamonceTaylor_zpsbw2eujwa.jpg

Last edited:
Derrick Johnson, in one of my favorite Longhorn victories of all time, a 38-37 win over Michigan in the 2005 Rose Bowl. Chad Henne torched us for 4 TD passes, but Vince Young's 4 TD runs (192 yards) and 1 TD pass (180 yards) led UT to the victory, prompting coach Mack Brown to declare, "There will never be a better game in the Rose Bowl." Famous last words....

DerrickJohnson_display_image.jpg

Derrick Johnson, in one of my favorite Longhorn victories of all time, a 38-37 win over Michigan in the 2005 Rose Bowl. Chad Henne torched us for 4 TD passes, but Vince Young's 4 TD runs (192 yards) and 1 TD pass (180 yards) led UT to the victory, prompting coach Mack Brown to declare, "There will never be a better game in the Rose Bowl." Famous last words....

DerrickJohnson_display_image.jpg

This was such a HUGE victory for the program, as a matter of fact VICTORY # 800 for UT.

On a personal note. I was at that game with my brother and 2 of our sons going nuts. The whole RB experience was allsome and 1st class!

I watched the replay of it on LHN early last evening (I have watched this replay about 68 times).
Every time I watch the replay, at .02 seconds Dusty Mangum ALWAYS make that winning FG!!:coolnana:

Last edited:
Man, there sure have been a lot of good #11s over the years. Here's Keith Cash (WR, '87 to '00), catching the game-winner against OU on fourth down with about 2:00 to play. Perhaps the most famous 4th down play in UT's history?? :smokin:

The catch is around the 54:00 mark of this video:

Watching the last-second field goal at 1:06:10 is fun, too. He misses wide left every time!

Recent Threads

Back