Coach PK & the ELITE Texas D - Ranked #1 Defense in the Nation

Our D is top 10 on the country, no question. Horns did not play a good offense today. Freshman QB, injured O-linemen, all their starting receivers out. We can only play who is on the field, injuries are part of the game,,

Georgia will score multiple td’s next week. Our offense (Ewers) will need to get back on track and come out with guns blazing. Horns will need to score at least 21 to get the win .

Next week will be a a great game. Can’t wait.

We are the undisputed best defense in college football!

:bevo: :bevo: :bevo: :bevo: :bevo:

:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:

:bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1:
:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:
1728822014740.png

Back to Kwiatcollapski. He can only stop second string QBs. What a *****ng joke of a DC.
Top DC in the land, coaching the top Defense in the land.

Most of us knew he'd be really, really good if given a little time. Look at what he did at Washington over the long haul. He's doing it here now, and with better talent than the Huskies have. Our Defenses are scary now--scary to the other teams.

Top DC in the land, coaching the top Defense in the land.

Most of us knew he'd be really, really good if given a little time. Look at what he did at Washington over the long haul. He's doing it here now, and with better talent than the Huskies have. Our Defenses are scary now--scary to the other teams.
Damn @Chop is keeping receipts!

LHAB
Chop too so much heat and crap he deserves to haul out the
receipts
But better save some.
When the naysayers are absent most of the year, but then they come out in droves talking smack with one bad performance—that can lead to having some stuff thrown back in their faces. That’s not unfair I’d say.

When the naysayers are absent most of the year, but then they come out in droves talking smack with one bad performance—that can lead to having some stuff thrown back in their faces. That’s not unfair I’d say.
Chop

You can add the sark and ewers naysayers in there also. One mistake and here they come. Just be glad they are not making any decisions.

Chop

You can add the sark and ewers naysayers in there also. One mistake and here they come. Just be glad they are not making any decisions.
Sark can invent and call plays like nobody we’ve seen since John Mackovic (and wine czar John couldn’t care less about defense, and he fostered a toxic anti-culture). Sark is even better at those Offensive Xs and Os skills than Mackovic was (although JM was good at that part of coaching).

Ewers was rusty vs OU but he’s proven he’s got it. It’s good to know that if we lose him to injury, we have a very capable #2 to step in without losing much Offensive production.

Ewers was a little rusty early but ou was running stunts and getting someone coming up the middle and getting in his face that caused some of the bad throws. He still completed 69% of his passes.
Also beating ou by 31 points is fantastic. I think we are a better team than last year. Offense and defense both are better. The secondary is the biggest difference. What a big improvement.

62 straight Texas/OU games and that is the worst OU I've ever seen. Ant, Vernon and the defense really brought it, even when Chop's DC couldn't get the ******* defensive call in the kids called their own and made it work.

K had a good plan, and the kids implemented it, but this week, we play a real team with real coaching, The defensive signals better damn well be to the players on a timely basis. Best news - Georgia QB ain't worth a damn. Hopefully, Vernon and company can shake him up.

Sark has produced a great team with superior talent, let's hope Quin is "on" and the defense is hot.

62 straight Texas/OU games and that is the worst OU I've ever seen. Ant, Vernon and the defense really brought it, even when Chop's DC couldn't get the ******* defensive call in the kids called their own and made it work.

K had a good plan, and the kids implemented it, but this week, we play a real team with real coaching, The defensive signals better damn well be to the players on a timely basis. Best news - Georgia QB ain't worth a damn. Hopefully, Vernon and company can shake him up.

Sark has produced a great team with superior talent, let's hope Quin is "on" and the defense is hot.
I hope that QB can escape the pocket or it’s going to be sack city. I do expect some big plays by the QB to their receivers. We will see which one wins out.

This year, our D has given up very few broken tackles, while our RBs break tackles frequently.

That point of fundamentals alone is worth a 7 point difference per game.
Having never played the game, I don't know squat about the fine points of the game. However, good and bad tackling can be spotted by even a moron like me. The tackling of this year's team really stands out from what we've endured in the past. These guys hit hard, but they wrap up and get the guy to the ground. In the past, especially with binder boy's teams, we saw a lot of hits where we didn't wrap up and get the ball carrier on the ground and we gave up a lot of extra yards as a result.

Having never played the game, I don't know squat about the fine points of the game. However, good and bad tackling can be spotted by even a moron like me. The tackling of this year's team really stands out from what we've endured in the past. These guys hit hard, but they wrap up and get the guy to the ground. In the past, especially with binder boy's teams, we saw a lot of hits where we didn't wrap up and get the ball carrier on the ground and we gave up a lot of extra yards as a result.
Your eyes do not deceive you. Many of our 90s teams, and some of our 2000-2019 or so teams, tackled like they were a silver ball in a pinball machine. Defenders would just run real fast into the ball carrier, and not wrap him up or actually tackle him. Just hit him and bounce off, hoping the ball carrier would also fall down.

A. Hill tackles very well. One play against OU, he hit the RB and wrapped him up. As he took him towards the ground, the OU RB twisted so that his body never actually hit the ground (he wasn't down yet). Hill could feel this, so still holding on/wrapping up the RB the entire time, Hill did a wrestling suplex and threw the RB to the mat.

A lot of it was poor tackling, yes. Also, poor pursuit angles and over pursuit and getting juked out of their striped, er, um, pants.

And, yes, you also don't have to be a trained chef to know if you are eating dog food.

Dog food?!?!?!

poor tackling is pandemic nowadays. these guys going for the big lick, used to high school boys, not wrapping up.

When I see a form tackle, head across the numbers, shoulder giving the blow, arms wrapping, it's like the heavens open.

I think Simmons is pretty good at it too. He's special but he knows he's not the biggest guy on the field as a true fresh

poor tackling is pandemic nowadays. these guys going for the big lick, used to high school boys, not wrapping up.

When I see a form tackle, head across the numbers, shoulder giving the blow, arms wrapping, it's like the heavens open.

I think Simmons is pretty good at it too. He's special but he knows he's not the biggest guy on the field as a true fresh
Mack Brown says you can't tackle anymore w/o the fear of being penalized, and that scares you to death.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Back