Biden steps down. Who's next?

The 25th Amendment says that: “In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.”

Its next section reads: “Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.”

Well he didn't resign so for now 25th doesn't appy
Demx may have no choice but to put Kamala on ballot

6721, I think you are correct. What choice do the Dems have? Michelle? Give me a break. Anything else will fracture that party.

As someone raised a Democrat, then under Reagan grew up, I feel that the Dems did this to themselves.

Last edited:
Both Obamas have just now endorsed her.
Not sure if Demx think this is all they got and a black woman will get enough of the black vote against 2 white guys
Or do they plan another Oct surprise?

Here is the question. Does Michelle Obama want to go into politics or live the comfortable life. I think the latter. Remember, this is the woman who said "she was finally proud to be American" when Barack was elected. That needs to be played over and over again.

What choice do the Dems have?
None. If Kamala wants the nomination and the Dems choose someone else, they would accomplish two bad things for their party - (1) they would alienate a lot of the black female electorate and (2) they would be effectively repudiating the Biden/Harris record. I can't imagine that they can nominate anyone other than Kamala - the only person with lower approval ratings than Biden.

I agree with HHD, However, as a Dem you still have to put up a slate against Trump/Vance. Who are your candidates? Will they win?

1721602083443.png

I agree with HHD, However, as a Dem you still have to put up a slate against Trump/Vance. Who are your candidates? Will they win?
They are trying to protect the down ballot and their chances in 2028. Anyone other than Harris is going to alienate a solid portion of their base.

Trump just cannot f this up.

Interesting

It's an "if my grandmother had balls, she'd be my grandfather" scenario. There is absolutely no chance in hell that the Democrats would nominate someone anywhere near as conservative as Manchin. It would be like Republicans nominating Lincoln Chafee.

Don’t forget Hillary. That woman will never go away, and she certainly has her connections.
And the masses will reject her.

Whitmer- wouldn't even allow SEEDS to be sold during COVID.

Harris polls worse than the Potato.

Pete...puh-leez. This nation isn't electing a gay guy who thinks men can be women.

Beto...does he REALLY want another epic ***-kicking?

Somewhere, there may be a moderate Democrat that would get cross-over votes, but the left will pander to the extremists.

Chicago will be interesting...but Harris isn't coming out of there with a first ballot nomination win.

Question. Who in the hell would strap themselves to Kamala’s ship as her running mate?

Kamala is a fraud and ABSOLUTELY incompetent to be POTUS. Talk about elephant in the room????

The Left, pretends Kamala is "black" for all the obvious reasons.

However, she ain't black y'all. Dad is from Jamaica and Mom from India.

Minority, yes. African American? No.

Move on...

Last edited:
I agree she is pretty bad, but the GOP convention was the biggest zhitshow I have ever witnessed. I mean, before they put their nominee on they throw out Hulk Hogan and Kid Rock? And some geek who is CEO of a freak show martial arts extravaganza? This is the party that nominated Eisenhower and Reagan and GHW Bush in its saner moments. We thought Sarah Palin was a joke and now you have a guy at the top of the ticket who is the biggest drama queen in history. A hero to the sort of christians who bite the heads off chickens and handle snakes but who is a serial adulterer, pathological liar and real estate charlatan. I saved draft dodger for last because that is my favorite criticism of President Bone Spurs.

I wont be voting for any of these disgraces----yet again

Kamala Harris.

Border Czar, WTF?

Has been to Mexico border x 1 in 3.6 years. Visited El Paso, where the border was not hot 3 years ago.

Media is going to EXPLODE now with how great it is to have an exciting and accomplished woman like Kamala as candidate for POTUS!

Meantime, I suspect Kamala is going to show what an unserious, incompetent, and goofy b***h she really is.

She will mostly campaign on women's health / abortion.

Do it!

That's about all she got!

Last edited:
Back