2026 Recruiting - Softball

I saw the town "Coahoma" and that's pretty distinctive, and I tried to remember where I saw that before....and it's the same home town has Hanna Wells, 2025 recruit (they sign in November).

I wonder if they found Clemmer while scouting Wells. Or vice versa.
Hannah and Mia claim to be bff’s and are the pitcher/catcher battery for Coahoma HS. They also play on the same travel club with Mia’s Dad as the coach. Mia is a power hitter and is a well known highly ranked player.

Extra Innings Softball has her ranked as the 22nd overall player in the nation.
22-Mia-Klemmer-150x150.png
22—Mia Clemmer, C/IF, Oklahoma Athletics – Madden/Clemmer

Mia, aka “Boo,” is one of the youngest and brightest players at the varsity level in West Texas. She was also among the leaders in most offensive categories in the nation and her knowledge of the game is way ahead of schedule for someone her age. For the last several years she has handled most of the pitch calling from behind the plate, when most coaches are still calling the game from the dugout. Mia owns the plate offensively and defensively, and Coach Brian Madden believes: “Balls just don’t find the backstop with this kid back there, but they sure seem to find the gap when she is in the batter’s box, and if not in the gap they very well could be in the parking lot behind the fence. One thing I find so special about her is the humbleness she has. No matter how great a game she has, you will never hear her talking about, but she will be hugging or fist bumping a teammate telling them how well they did. Her effort is always the same and she never takes a pitch or inning off, and if it’s a preseason or the end of season state playoffs you are going to get her best effort.”

1. Madelyn ‘Madi’ Doty, P, Grandview, TX
2. Anabela Abdullah, SS/2B, Hollywood, FL
3. Mia Clemmer, C/1B, Coahoma, TX
4. Jordynn Booe, SS/UT, Pflugerville, TX

EIS has Jordynn ranked at #52. She has softball in her genes.

52-Jordynn-Booe-150x150.png
52—Jordynn Booe, 2B/OF, Unity 16U – Smith

Jordyn is a skilled two-sport athlete who also excels in volleyball and has continued to improve on the fastpitch fields as she competes against the very best in her age group and older. She has shown the ability to hit and be an impact player at every level she has played as a true triple threat that can continually put pressure on the defense and keep the opposing players off-balance. Says Head Coach Gary Smith: “Her skills stand out when you watch her play and she looks like she belongs.” Jordynn was her Texas District 12-6A Newcomer of the Year at Weiss High in Pflugerville, Texas and was the MVP for her school as a freshman. She also earned All-Academic team recognition and she is following in the footsteps of her mother who played Div. II softball for San Francisco State Univ. and helped her team finish 3rd at the College World Series and stroked a home run in her final collegiate at-bat.

1. Madelyn ‘Madi’ Doty, P, Grandview, TX
2. Anabela Abdullah, SS/2B, Hollywood, FL
3. Mia Clemmer, C/1B, Coahoma, TX
4. Jordynn Booe, SS/UT, Pflugerville, TX
5. Josie Busceme, OF, Austin, TX

Josie Busceme is not ranked in the top 100 on EIS. One quote I did find as stated from Alliance fastpitch was: Josie Busceme is an outfielder in the class of ‘26. She is a super fast lefty hitter/slapper who has both pop off the bat and speed on the bases. This sort of fits the profile of a speed player that schools may be recruiting to run the bases? She runs track (the sprints) at Bowie and holds the girls record for the Long Jump! Impressive, definitely a speedster.
Her profile on Sportsrecruits is:
I play select softball for the TX Bombers Gold 16U (Dale Serie). I will be starting my junior year of high school in the Fall '24 at James Bowie in Austin, TX. I am an A/B student & have dreams of playing college softball after high school. I earned 26-6A All-District & All-Academic honors in my 2 years of high school. Individual Accolades - Summer 2024:All-Tournament - Patriot Games All-Tournament - IDT National Championship (Colorado)All-Tournament - Alliance National Championship (Indiana)Team Accolades - Summer 202416U Patriot Games National Championship Summer Gold Cup 16U (Co-Champs)TC State 16U Championship 16U3rd place Alliance National Championship 16U - Tier 1 Track Accolades - 2x Varsity (100m, 200m, 400x1/400x2 relays & long jump) HS record holder - 18' 7" (long jump) Yep definitely a speedster! She stole 25 bases as a freshman in 38 game and as a soph stole 28 bases in 38 games.

Josie Busceme is not ranked in the top 100 on EIS. One quote I did find as stated from Alliance fastpitch was: Josie Busceme is an outfielder in the class of ‘26. She is a super fast lefty hitter/slapper who has both pop off the bat and speed on the bases. This sort of fits the profile of a speed player that schools may be recruiting to run the bases? She runs track (the sprints) at Bowie and holds the girls record for the Long Jump! Impressive, definitely a speedster.
Her profile on Sportsrecruits is:
I play select softball for the TX Bombers Gold 16U (Dale Serie). I will be starting my junior year of high school in the Fall '24 at James Bowie in Austin, TX. I am an A/B student & have dreams of playing college softball after high school. I earned 26-6A All-District & All-Academic honors in my 2 years of high school. Individual Accolades - Summer 2024:All-Tournament - Patriot Games All-Tournament - IDT National Championship (Colorado)All-Tournament - Alliance National Championship (Indiana)Team Accolades - Summer 202416U Patriot Games National Championship Summer Gold Cup 16U (Co-Champs)TC State 16U Championship 16U3rd place Alliance National Championship 16U - Tier 1 Track Accolades - 2x Varsity (100m, 200m, 400x1/400x2 relays & long jump) HS record holder - 18' 7" (long jump) Yep definitely a speedster! She stole 25 bases as a freshman in 38 game and as a soph stole 28 bases in 38 games.
So basically a "walk-on" that won't be a walk-on by the time the lawsuit about NIL and paying players is done? Not to bash the young lady, but it's usually the suburbs around Austin that provide the better players, not South Austin.

I count 5 current juniors that will play their last year in Spring 2026, which dovetails with 5 commitments in 2026. Of course, transfer portal, blah-blah.

What really intrigues me is the negotiated roster size of the lawsuit. That rule (fully funding all players, thus putting a roster limit on the team) I forsee being a lawsuit in the future.

It will be interesting to see how this recruiting class plays out with the new scholarship limit of 25 in place for the 2025-26 season? Softball has one of the biggest increases in the scholarship limit.
An interesting article on the new rules in place. Times they are a changing!

So basically a "walk-on" that won't be a walk-on by the time the lawsuit about NIL and paying players is done? Not to bash the young lady, but it's usually the suburbs around Austin that provide the better players, not South Austin.

I count 5 current juniors that will play their last year in Spring 2026, which dovetails with 5 commitments in 2026. Of course, transfer portal, blah-blah.

What really intrigues me is the negotiated roster size of the lawsuit. That rule (fully funding all players, thus putting a roster limit on the team) I forsee being a lawsuit in the future.
Not a walk-on type players at all: she is fast, with power potential to come.

Mia Clemmer hits the ball very far, and receives well.

Booe is a legit triple threat.

All good pick ups.

Sounds like that latest recruit to be used like Popelka. Her batting avg was not high but used for the outfield and baserunning because of her speed. :hookem:

Anyone got any names of players that have been on official visits to Texas but have not committed anywhere??
Seems awful slow going into the first week of October? But there still are a lot of top 50 players who have not committed yet.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back