2026 Recruiting - Softball

Good get! Can swing it too.

We also had Peyton Westra, Ki-Ele Ho Ching, and Anebela Abdullah on campus.
Ki-Ele Ho Ching is listed as an infielder from Long Beach Poly hs, Long Beach California. She is ranked #2 player in the class by EIS. She plays for Athletics-Mercado/Hovermale, the same club that Cam Salmon played with. EIS comments:Ki’ele is a 5-tool athlete that play any position on the field. She can hit for power with a high batting average and elite speed and a strong arm. Says one of her A’s coaches: “There is not much she can’t do. There are not too many times in your career you get to coach a kid like Ki’ele as her competitiveness and leadership skills are off the charts. “Ele” has potential to be an All American at the next level and has drawn the attention of the majority of the Power 5 schools. Playing for Long Beach Poly (Calif.) High she was selected as a CIF-Southern Section honoree. This Spring, she had key home runs to help Poly advance in the playoffs including a walkoff inside-the-park homer in Round 2 and then started the travel ball season in early June with three over-the-fence blasts in her first game back

Peyton Westra is listed as OF/1B from Red Mountain HS, Mesa Arizona. Ranked #16 by EIS. EIS comments:payton is one of feared hitters in her class standing at 6-foot tall and, according to one coach, “is built like a senior in college.” She is intimidating to any pitcher who faces her, and the results show why as she hit .346 with six home runs and 26 RBI’s in 37 games last Fall. Head Coach Steve Appel believes: “Payton is as athletically gifted as they come and can be a dominate first baseman but we use her in the outfield in all three positions as she has one of the hardest overhand throws in the age class.” At the plate, she crushes the ball with an exit velocity that has top college programs seriously interest. Not only does Payton excel on the field and in the classroom (4.2 GPA), but she also lettered in volleyball and basketball playing varsity for her high school as a freshman. Interestingly, her father played football at the Univ. of Washington and her mother was an elite dancer and competes in triathlons.

listed #64 by EIS. Comments from EIS:
64—Anabela Abdullah, SS, Tampa Mustangs – Viruet
Anabela is dedicated to constantly pushing herself to grow within the sport she loves, and that dedication has paid off defensively and at the plate. Her dream has always been to wear the Team USA jersey and she saw that dream come true this year when she was selected to the first-ever U15 Women’s Junior National team. The team won the Gold medal in the Pan-Am games in Lima, Peru this past March and Anabela was recognized as the tournament’s RBI leader and shined with her strong bat as she hit .650 with two home runs and 16 RBIs. She also played with the USA WJNT at the Utsugi Cup earlier this month which Team USA won. As the shortstop on her Tampa Mustangs travel team led by Coach Willie Viruet, Anabela helped them enter the 14U Tier 1 Elite 8 in Chino Hills, Calif. last summer and was named to the Alliance Championship All-Tournament team, hitting .533 and showing her range and athleticism with an impressive defensive performance. She also plays at the prep level at Doral Academy (Fla.) under Coach Viruet and has competed on the varsity level for the past three year, winning a state title at the 6A level two years ago.

Madi Doty will be Mike White small town Texas pitcher. Citllaly 2A, Wells 3A, Doty 3A. Wells and Doty actually faced each other in the championship last year.

Ok racer since you haven’t done it I will kick it off!

1. Madelyn ‘Madi’ Doty, P, Grandview, Tx
2. Anabela Abdullah, SS/2B, Hollywood, Fl

Coach Singleton did put out a couple of Hook’ems yesterday but after both player had already announced their commitments! He and Coach White need to do better! Lol!

Great article from Softball America about our 2 new commitments! They have Anabela Abdullah ranked as the #1 infielder in the class and a top 5 recruit overall!! Much different than EIS ranking! Wow what a haul! High praise for Coach Singleton from AA!

Last edited:
Stanton heads to Florida! They are going to be a force in the SEC along with the okies. She is a top 5 ranked pitcher in the class.

When I saw that Stanton plays for Texas Bombers, I just assumed she was from the state of Texas; turns out she is from Buford, GA.

When I saw that Stanton plays for Texas Bombers, I just assumed she was from the state of Texas; turns out she is from Buford, GA.
Yeah they don't practice much in travel ball anymore. It's more get your individual time in by yourself and show up for the games. Abdullah plays for them too out of Florida.

Kennedy Bradley committed to Florida too, she is on Caigan Crabtree Melissa team.

Based on no attrition and no incoming transfers and the proposed cap on number of players for a softball team, does anyone know how many commits Texas can or will take for 2026?

Madi Doty will be Mike White small town Texas pitcher. Citllaly 2A, Wells 3A, Doty 3A. Wells and Doty actually faced each other in the championship last year.
Doty hit a 2 run homerun off Wells at that. She definitely has the bat that could make it into the lineup. Haven’t had one of those since Elish.

Based on no attrition and no incoming transfers and the proposed cap on number of players for a softball team, does anyone know how many commits Texas can or will take for 2026?
When the 2026 class arrives the team would include 7 current freshmen and sophomores plus the 2025 recruiting class of 7 totaling 14. I cannot imagine Coach bringing his team total to the proposed cap of 25? My guess is that he will stay at a team roster of 21-22. Which would mean 7-8 recruits or portal players coming on board this cycle.
However there was some discussion of adding base runners only to the roster? This is some forward thinking. If ships are available why not add 2 or 3 scalded speedsters who you tell up front this is your sole role. Could change the game.

Good get! Can swing it too.

We also had Peyton Westra, Ki-Ele Ho Ching, and Anebela Abdullah on campus.
NB…any idea who we will be hosting this weekend for the ULM game? You seem to be in the know!
Since we lose 2 pitchers to graduation this year I am really hoping E K Smith makes a visit and we can get a commitment! I know the ags are HARD after her. Following her twitter it is hard to get a read on how she is leaning and how she would accept the fact that Doty has committed to us? Anyway a person can hope.

NB…any idea who we will be hosting this weekend for the ULM game? You seem to be in the know!
Since we lose 2 pitchers to graduation this year I am really hoping E K Smith makes a visit and we can get a commitment! I know the ags are HARD after her. Following her twitter it is hard to get a read on how she is leaning and how she would accept the fact that Doty has committed to us? Anyway a person can hope.
No idea, I assumed we would of had Sydney Williams on campus but she committed to LSU. I imagine Mia Clemmer and Stevie South have to be on campus as some point considering, we will need a catcher. Based on the type of recruits we like they are usually 5 tool players that can play multiple positions, run fast, and hit for some power. So would expect a speed demon.

Good news is OU didn't get any of what I would consider the top pitchers of the class.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back