2025 Recruiting - Football

"Texas really showed me how I fit in with the team and the culture," Lockett said. "They answered all of the questions I had. Getting to talk to coach Sark one on one, he told me he knows I have talent but he wants me at Texas because I fit the culture mentally."

upload_2024-6-24_11-52-10.png

That would be awesome but would also lead to some portal activity. I guess thats just the world we live in now. I think most WR want to be the guy so I dont see a repeat of the (Williams/Johnson/Thomas) hr haul Mack got.
Not sure I totally agree with that. We had 3 WR’s and a TE get drafted this year. You don’t have to be “the guy” to get noticed by NFL scouts.

One thing is completely inarguable. Nobody can double team all three threats on any play. With a TE isolated to a LB, someone is open by definition. That eventuality is/should be agreeable to everybody. With an RPO to a surehanded RB, the possibilities make me smile large.

On LB Riley Pettijohn...Roach at 247 wrote that even though A&M did a great job with him recently, he believes Ohio State and USC are the teams gaining momentum and he's trending out of state.

The dust may have to settle a bit on this one now that official visits are over, and hopefully Texas can get him back on campus at the end of July for their recruiting event.

Riley Pettijohn, McKinney, Linebacker

I put Worster in charge of this hoping this kid was the second coming of Rod Shoate without the "problem".

On LB Riley Pettijohn...Roach at 247 wrote that even though A&M did a great job with him recently, he believes Ohio State and USC are the teams gaining momentum and he's trending out of state.

The dust may have to settle a bit on this one now that official visits are over, and hopefully Texas can get him back on campus at the end of July for their recruiting event.

We have one really good LB already committed but I was hoping for this guy too and just to be greedy, the ND kid too. Why not, we are TEXAS. Oh its 2:44pm and ou still sucks!!!

Thought we were in the drivers seat for this kid but i guess not. I am still hoping though.

Thought we were in the drivers seat for this kid but i guess not. I am still hoping though.

OTF's latest info suggests Pettijohn is down to Texas, and then one of A&M and Ohio State with no mention of USC.

Filsaime (former McKinney High teammate) and Hill are seen as positives for the Longhorns.

Recent Threads

Back