2024 Football Schedule

I am probably in the minority but I would like to see the Texas-A&M become the annual BIGGEST game in college football on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. :hookem::whiteflag:

There's a game that weekend in Alabama. Has been the biggest game on Thanksgiving weekend since the early 80s. Wish we could win that honor back but it ain't happening

There's a game that weekend in Alabama. Has been the biggest game on Thanksgiving weekend since the early 80s. Wish we could win that honor back but it ain't happening

Agree. Four things have to happen at the same time for that to occur. They are

1. Bama not be good
2. Auburn not be good
3. Texas be great
4. aggy be great

At max, only three of those have a chance of occurring.

That would be Bill Bradley.

@ UT, 1968 game vs. aggy. Coin flip at midfield. HORNS win the toss, Captain Bill Bradley with all candor says: it don't make a ****!!

Meaning: coin flip means no difference, Horns will kick your sorry asses & win. It was 35-0 at the half. Horns won 35-14 IIRC and it was NOT that close.

Horns were focused, angry and hungry to kick aggy *** that day!!

Went on to kick Tenn. *** in 1/1/69 CB: 36-13... again score not that close.

Last edited:
I LOVED Bill Bradley. One of the greatest ever. Lost his starting QB roll to some young up-start named Street, didn't ***** , moan & grovel, didn't transfer...changed to defense & became one of the best DB's in The League.

upload_2023-7-8_12-24-25.png

I LOVED Bill Bradley. One of the greatest ever. Lost his starting QB roll to some young up-start named Street, didn't ***** , moan & grovel, didn't transfer...changed to defense & became one of the best DB's in The League.
If we had ever managed to have Bill as defensive coordinator, we would have won two games more, per year. He never got full credit for that particular talent. Probably owing to quality of teams he coached.

UT - Agricultural won’t be the same in the SEC - the Big 12 rivalry is gone folks, let’s move on.

It's not about the "Big XII Rivalry", but rather about ownership of the Great Republic.

IT'S THANKSGIVING WEEKEND!

The Iron Bowl
The Egg Bowl
Bedlam
Florida vs Florida Normal School for Women
Michigan/Ohio State

Texas vs Texas A&M belongs there

It's not about the "Big XII Rivalry", but rather about ownership of the Great Republic.

IT'S THANKSGIVING WEEKEND!

The Iron Bowl
The Egg Bowl
Bedlam
Florida vs Florida Normal School for Women
Michigan/Ohio State

Texas vs Texas A&M belongs there
I agree, but aggy screwed that pooch...errrr...lamb.

UT @ Nacogdoches sounds better.... comparisons to roaches should be reserved for TCU.
Nacogdoches - Sac-o-roaches was a name I heard when my ex & I were living on campus in married student housing while she completed her BS. I actually like Nac., but understand the reference.

That said, agree that roach references belong to TCU.

^^^ cannot discount actual roaches in that town - saw a bunch when I was there like anywhere in East Texas....

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back