2023 Softball Season

I may be alone here but I'm not a fan of some of the base coaching decisions this year. The runner sent home last night was a bad coaching decision. The ball Vanessa hit to centerfield was played perfectly off the wall. She should have been held up. We needed base runners, not a close play at 2nd.
I know I'm just butt hurt we were sweep by Baylor...sigh. I'll be ova it and back on the wagon by Thursday.

What a terrible series we played. Is CC hurt or something because this lineup all weekend was not very good to begin with. I don’t know why things were changed so much after coming off a sweep of Ok state. I hope we come better next week because the season won’t last much longer if we play like that.
Speaking of hurt, is Alyssa Washington injured?

One of yall talk me off this ledge....Now I don't see us with a top 8 seed. I thought going into the weekend we were a lock but this weekend has been "worse case scenario". Not sure B12 tourney results will change anything.
I don’t think we’ll be top 8. We would essentially have to win the big 12 tournament to even get look at a top 8 seed.

We need to win a couple in the tourney to show that Baylor was an aberration. I thought we were better at making adjustments, but this is a pretty young team and the season is always wearing at this point. OSU is in the same spot, but they are many other teams that can take both of our spots.

Last year: Oh well, let's see how far we can get
This year: Well that sucks, we won't be able to host the Super in Austin when we get there

Last year was truly.....WTH? Every. Game.

Our offense has been horrible the past few weeks. We are so impatient and swing at everything! The pitching, our approach to the plate, and overall body language has disappeared.

Well, that was interesting.

I missed the start of the game and thought to watch it later. Then, of course, I saw score updates on Twitter when it was 5-2. Ugh. Took a nap, saw it climbed to 6-2. Then I thought, I might as well watch the end so I'm not torn about watching a loss from the start.

So, you can officially count me as the lucky charm that transmitted the clutch energy through my TV to the gals in OKC.

Added: When Tech was leading 6-2 and the players were dancing and the camera was letting them mug for the shot, I wondered, "I wonder if they would be dancing if they were losing. I mean, are they always this loose? Or are cocky they've got this wrapped up?"

Well, that was interesting.

I missed the start of the game and thought to watch it later. Then, of course, I saw score updates on Twitter when it was 5-2. Ugh. Took a nap, saw it climbed to 6-2. Then I thought, I might as well watch the end so I'm not torn about watching a loss from the start.

So, you can officially count me as the lucky charm that transmitted the clutch energy through my TV to the gals in OKC.

Added: When Tech was leading 6-2 and the players were dancing and the camera was letting them mug for the shot, I wondered, "I wonder if they would be dancing if they were losing. I mean, are they always this loose? Or are cocky they've got this wrapped up?"
That's too funny cause I was thinking the same thing..:lmao:
Someone gotta tell these Ladies I' m too old for these come from behind games..:bevo:

great comeback win and saw ALL the walk off wins.....but they have to realize attwood is not a 4 hole hitter. She only has 3 walks on the season and none in big 12 play. She swings at everything and occasionally runs into one. The math is not a winning formal. Yes i know baseball and softball dont care about math.

Drives me nuts how OSU can rise in RPI while losing in a rain delay:

Although to be fair, we rose from 10 to 9.

Guess we’ll see if OSU falls further after losing to Kansas in the quarterfinals. Kansas scored four runs in the top of the seventh and beats OSU 8-7.

What a great win for Kansas and Coach Jennifer McFalls! She has done a great job of building that program. They have a lot of confidence in themselves. My how OSU has fallen and I cannot fathom their ranking at #4????? They are 2-14 in there last 16 games?? Texas needs to be very careful this afternoon against Kansas. This may be the opportunity to get a Super Regional in Austin.

I was not aware that softball programs will be able to add a fourth paid assistant coach to their coaching staff starting next season. No idea who Coach White will look to add to his staff.

I was not aware that softball programs will be able to add a fourth paid assistant coach to their coaching staff starting next season. No idea who Coach White will look to add to his staff.
We need a coach dedicated to infield fielding!

Racer, I thought we were better this year. Can you give us a comparison for the last 3 years, fielding precentage?
Looks like you're right
hJsR3Z9.png

You can see the distinct jumps in opposite directions that took place when it transitioned from Connie Clark's staff to Mike White's staff with many of the same players on the transition squad.

With (mostly) the same players the hitting took off finally, but the fielding cratered.

7RC9z7S.png

You can see the distinct jumps in opposite directions that took place when it transitioned from Connie Clark's staff to Mike White's staff with many of the same players on the transition squad.

With (mostly) the same players the hitting took off finally, but the fielding cratered.

7RC9z7S.png

Its this type of immediate change (not specifically with Texas, just in general) that has always bewildered me. A good fielding, poor hitting team flips to a poor fielding elite hitting team literally over night with a coaching change. It seems like if you have good fielding fundamentals it shouldn't go away just because you can now also hit. :whiteflag:

Recent Threads

Back