2023-24 Transfer Portal Thread (CLosed-Opens APRIL 15TH)

Saw a report tonight that Evan Stewart is expected to enter the portal and may not be making the trip to LSU. Who knows? If it’s true and if Texas wants him, I can’t imagine why we wouldn’t be a top destination.

Saw a report tonight that Evan Stewart is expected to enter the portal and may not be making the trip to LSU. Who knows? If it’s true and if Texas wants him, I can’t imagine why we wouldn’t be a top destination.
A lot of smoke.

This has been rumored for some time minus the LSU news. Bama, Oregon And Texas are the supposed top 3. This is going to be heavy NIL loaded so we'll have to see who ponies up the best deal.
Having said that he has been pretty solid to the gags so it may well come down to the coaching hire.

If he becomes available, I’m not sure Sark even wants him. Seems like lots of baggage.

Not sure what baggage you are referring to. As mentioned, he has been pretty solid to gaggie and have not found any evidence that he has trolled anyone. And he has had no behavioral issues with the gags.
The only negatives I see are he is a one and done and of course NIL

Not sure what baggage you are referring to. As mentioned, he has been pretty solid to gaggie and have not found any evidence that he has trolled anyone. And he has had no behavioral issues with the gags.
The only negatives I see are he is a one and done and of course NIL
He and Johntay are buds.

cnb,

There is "baggage" and then there is "Brazos County Baggage".

At most schools, "baggage" will fit in the trunk of a Toyota. To qualify as "Brazos County Baggage", we are talking about a UPS DC10.

If he becomes available, I’m not sure Sark even wants him. Seems like lots of baggage.
luggage2803_468x319.jpg

Wouldn’t we all love to know how many of these players reach out to Texas. Just a guess that we might have (to some extent) the pick of the litter.

One concern, though, at skilled positions, is being careful not to alienate elite HS players - like receivers and DBs — that have already committed and are looking for early playing time. One heck of a balancing act. The period between December 4 and the December 20 could be challenging to navigate.

What are we going to do at RB? Here are the retuning players for next year:
- Brooks (though he may not play at start of season)
- Baxter
- Blue
- Red
- Wisenor
- New frosh

What are we going to do at RB? Here are the retuning players for next year:
- Brooks (though he may not play at start of season)
- Baxter
- Blue
- Red
- Wisenor
- New frosh
Man are we loaded. Tashard Choice has done an amazing job.

There may be some attrition, particularly given that we have two outstanding players coming in. So this is both a terrific, but also a challenging situation. From what I saw last night, not one RB cannot perform. They all can.

The Killer Bees - Brooks, Baxter & Blue — are obvious. But heck, Red, and Wisner looked terrific. Red likes to initiate the punishment. Wisner showed his talent last night plus he is a Tasmanian devil on kickoff coverage.

An embarrassment of riches.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back