2023-2024 Season

utfannforlife

1,000+ Posts
Just curious who we consider as our toughest challenge for a repeat B12 title. When healthy I think we’re the favorite but a decent margin, but the more I look at TCU I think they’ll pose a formidable challenge!

A healthy Ayoka Lee teamed with 5th year Gabby Gregory and KState's other guards who are now juniors make them the favorite in my opinion. I don't think many, if any, Big 12 teams have the post play to bang around with Lee in the paint.

Is Lee 100%? If so, it makes KSU quite dangerous. I'm not sold on Lee being completely back to form. She's a large girl coming off a bad injury.

A healthy Ayoka Lee teamed with 5th year Gabby Gregory and KState's other guards who are now juniors make them the favorite in my opinion. I don't think many, if any, Big 12 teams have the post play to bang around with Lee in the paint.

Is Lee 100%? If so, it makes KSU quite dangerous. I'm not sold on Lee being completely back to form. She's a large girl coming off a bad injury.
Faye did a nice job against Lee a couple of years ago.

For me, in '23-'24, its Texas and Baylor, and no one else is close. Vic has owned KState, even with Ayoka. And everyone else lost key contributors off their rosters, and I haven't heard about any replacement players which lead me to believe Iowa St., oU or OSU will be close. Anyone heard differently? At the bottom, TCU looks like they might finally pass Krista the cactus head. She may have to start a bigger fight with Vic this season to have any chance of keeping her job, as red and black rhinestone boots only go so far. And after we depart for the SEC, which B12 conference team is gonna be used to boost WBB home attendance #'s? They better turn out this year or they may all lose their chance to boo us one last time, forever.

For me, in '23-'24, its Texas and Baylor, and no one else is close. Vic has owned KState, even with Ayoka. And everyone else lost key contributors off their rosters, and I haven't heard about any replacement players which lead me to believe Iowa St., oU or OSU will be close. Anyone heard differently? At the bottom, TCU looks like they might finally pass Krista the cactus head. She may have to start a bigger fight with Vic this season to have any chance of keeping her job, as red and black rhinestone boots only go so far. And after we depart for the SEC, which B12 conference team is gonna be used to boost WBB home attendance #'s? They better turn out this year or they may all lose their chance to boo us one last time, forever.
All of this! :beertoast:

Technically it doesn't matter, but did Aaliyah Moore redshirt. Like will she be a redshirt sophomore this year or just a junior.

Technically it doesn't matter, but did Aaliyah Moore redshirt. Like will she be a redshirt sophomore this year or just a junior.
With a medical you wait til normal eligibility runs out and then apply, so you don't for sure until then. But you have about a 90% for sure idea based on the rules.

At least that's my understanding.

ACC/SEC Challenge matchups set. Obviously, no Big12/SEC Challenge for us.

Next season, with 15 ACC schools, and 16 SEC schools, could be that either us or OU are left out.

I think we have trouble with oklahoma. They did what we couldnt and got 2 transfer guards that are going to give us fits.

Laugh all you want at tech but the best we have done is split with them the last 2 years. They have the blueprint to beat us just don't know if they have the athletes. And again.we didn't add anybody that will kill their zone so I dont see a sweep this year either.

Last edited:
I think we have trouble with oklahoma. They did what we couldnt and got 2 transfer guards that are going to give us fits.

Laugh all you want at tech but the best we have done is split with them the last 2 years. They have the blueprint to beat us just don't know if they have the athletes. And again.we didn't add anybody that will kill their zone so I dont see a sweep this yesr either.
I agree that Tech is nobody to laugh at. In fact, I never take any conference opponent for granted. All are very well-coached. We shall see about our not adding anybody to bust zone defenses. I have a lot of confidence in Booker and Maul, and I expect Shaylee to get better looks with more athletic and SKILLED wings on the floor with her. I also doubt we see Rori have another abysmal year shooting the ball.

Laugh all you want at tech but the best we have done is split with them the last 2 years. They have the blueprint to beat us just don't know if they have the athletes. And again.we didn't add anybody that will kill their zone so I dont see a sweep this year either.
But, we only lost Sonya. OU lost Taylor Robertson, Ana Llanusa and Madi Williams.

Who are their incoming transfers who you are so high on?

Last edited:
But, we only lost Sonya. OU lost Taylor Robertson, Ana Llanusa and Madi Williams.

Who are their incoming transfers who you are so high on?
Exactly. Not to mention we brought in two really skilled freshmen, one of whom will be the favorite for FOY.

I know the expectations are not super high for Abby in the short term, but I'm really excited to see what she looks like on the court. Her height is intriguing.

Maybe she likes trolling all the internet sleuths who can spend hours spinning wildly speculative scenarios based on nothing more than cryptic tweets.
Lol what are you trying to say? I’d like to think many of us “internet sleuths” contribute a lot to this board and giving knowledge about what’s going on such as visitors, potential recruits, and who Texas is targeting. Believe it or not but social media helps a lot with these things especially since coverage for Texas women’s basketball is non existent by anyone when it’s the off season.

Recent Threads

Back