2023/2024 Portal News

You certainly are judgmental. Proof that a leopard can't change its spots.
I never tried to change my spots. I told you a long time ago... don't start no sh_t, won't be no sh_t. You, on the other hand, are the one who can't help yourself... always attacking anyone's opinion other than yours.
<middle finger emoji>

I never tried to change my spots. I told you a long time ago... don't start no sh_t, won't be no sh_t. You, on the other hand, are the one who can't help yourself... always attacking anyone's opinion other than yours.
<middle finger emoji>
Get a grip, and go back and read the actual content of the posts the last 24 hours; your reading comprehension sucks. I wasn't the one who initially attacked another poster. Stating that using the last remaining scholarship on a walk-on instead of saving it for a mid-season transfer limits options is not a crime against nature. You deciding to get involved was your choice.

Get a grip, and go back and read the actual content of the posts the last 24 hours; your reading comprehension sucks. I wasn't the one who initially attacked another poster. Stating that using the last remaining scholarship on a walk-on instead of saving it for a mid-season transfer limits options is not a crime against nature. You deciding to get involved was your choice.
"Take your medicine, Gladys."
~Abner Kravitz~

You and your 3 passive-aggressive posts on this forum show you have been in full attack mood since you registered.

Last time I checked, this is a "discussion" forum where I am allowed to discuss my "opinions", just like everyone else. Doesn't bother me one bit if you can't handle that; I will continue posting my opinions as I see fit.
No one is stopping you from "discussing [your] opinions." That's evident on this thread alone. But to say that it doesn't bother you when posters take issue with your attitude is disingenuous. "A hit dog will holler," as the saying goes.

There's a reason I stopped reading this forum years ago. A couple times a year I stop in to see if things have changed and I see it's always the same.

There's a reason I stopped reading this forum years ago. A couple times a year I stop in to see if things have changed and I see it's always the same.
I try to avoid the confrontations... I really do. But notice who always seems to be the common factor. You can't just expect people to sit back quietly and allow a person to attack them... not me anyway.

I try to avoid the confrontations... I really do. But notice who always seems to be the common factor. You can't just expect people to sit back quietly and allow a person to attack them... not me anyway.
The posts from this weekend are there (in chronological order) to show who "attacked" who first.

While not a transfer, having an "open" scholarship allowed 2023 Gisella Maul to enroll at Texas one semester early and rehab with our training and medical team; that wouldn't have been an option had there been no available scholarship. Granted, that decision was made in the summertime once she decided to graduate high school one semester early.

Absolutely!

And, this article shows speculation/guessing that Cavinder could have a reason to choose a school in the state of Texas.

Who Wants Haley? Projecting Cavinder Twin’s Next School – OutKick
The article says Cavinder would likely transfer to a school very near a beach, specifically USC. The conjecture in the article referring to the state of Texas is that Cavinder would choose SMU or TCU since she is dating a Dallas Cowboy. None of these scenarios would involve UT.

The article says Cavinder would likely transfer to a school very near a beach, specifically USC. The conjecture in the article referring to the state of Texas is that Cavinder would choose SMU or TCU since she is dating a Dallas Cowboy. None of these scenarios would involve UT.
Which is why i clearly stated "could have a reason to choose a school in the state of Texas.". And, why I voluntarily linked the article so the context wouldn't get confused.

The entire article is complete "conjecture". Never did the author state they spoke with Hailey or someone close to her. They are simply providing their own logic as to which schools could make sense for Hailey. Why they listed USC instead of UCLA is even more confusing to anyone who knows which school has had the more relevant basketball program the last 10 years.

Article did not state she was dating a Dallas Cowboy: "My longshot(s)? TCU and SMU. The pair of Texas institutions are both relatively close to Dallas. Why’s that matter? The OutKick culture department has speculated that Ms. Cavinder may be dating Cowboys tight end Jake Ferguson, or another player from Big D."

Exactly.

Which is why i clearly stated "could have a reason to choose a school in the state of Texas.". And, why I voluntarily linked the article so the context wouldn't get confused.

The entire article is complete "conjecture". Never did the author state they spoke with Hailey or someone close to her. They are simply providing their own logic as to which schools could make sense for Hailey. Why they listed USC instead of UCLA is even more confusing to anyone who knows which school has had the more relevant basketball program the last 10 years.

Article did not state she was dating a Dallas Cowboy: "My longshot(s)? TCU and SMU. The pair of Texas institutions are both relatively close to Dallas. Why’s that matter? The OutKick culture department has speculated that Ms. Cavinder may be dating Cowboys tight end Jake Ferguson, or another player from Big D."
That confirmation bias is HELL ain't it?..

This tweet states Wolfenbarger has already entered the transfer portal. She did show interest in Texas back in the day.

Obviously highly recruited at #7, but troubling progression at U of A. She may be a tweener at 6'5.

From Razorback website:

Freshman: Started 23 games, "22 of those starts came down low, as she was thrust out of position due to injuries."

Sophomore: "Started in three games while appearing in 35 … Finished third on the team in blocks (23) … Moved back to her normal position around the perimeter … 37.5 FG%, 20.0 3FG%, 66.7 FT%"

Neighbors generated a lot of buzz for hog hoops in his first couple of seasons but that shine has begun to wear off as they've struggled during conference play. Their best SEC finish was 3rd in 2019-2020. Since then, they've been squarely in the middle of the pack:
  • 2020-2021: 6th
  • 2021-2022: 8th
  • 2022-2023: 8th

Last edited:
Neighbors generated a lot of buzz for hog hoops in his first couple of seasons but that shine has begun to wear off as they've struggled during conference play. Their best SEC finish was 3rd in 2019-2020. Since then, they've been squarely in the middle of the pack:
  • 2020-2021: 6th
  • 2021-2022: 8th
  • 2022-2023: 8th

Neighbors should have stayed at UW especially after that Final Four run with Kelsey Plum. And he left the cupboard empty after his departure to Arkansas. His successor Jody Wynn was a wtf hire, and now with Coach Tina Langley, the Huskies should be better in year 3.

Neighbors should have stayed at UW especially after that Final Four run with Kelsey Plum. And he left the cupboard empty after his departure to Arkansas. His successor Jody Wynn was a wtf hire, and now with Coach Tina Langley, the Huskies should be better in year 3.
Yeah, that was the crazy (weakest) Final 4 year when all the upsets happened except for UCONN and they breezed to the Championship, their biggest challenge in the tournament was Texas in the Elite 8.

Plum and Osahor were a great pairing for Neighbors at UW - he caught lightning in a bottle and has never been able to repeat it.

His style of play (all offense and a hint of defense) won’t be successful in a conference with some incredibly good defensive teams and coaches (S Carolina, LSU, Mississippi, and Texas in the near future). The razorbacks can get hot and notch a good win or 2 in conference play but it won’t hold up in the long run.

Yeah, that was the crazy (weakest) Final 4 year when all the upsets happened except for UCONN and they breezed to the Championship, their biggest challenge in the tournament was Texas in the Elite 8.

Plum and Osahor were a great pairing for Neighbors at UW - he caught lightning in a bottle and has never been able to repeat it.

His style of play (all offense and a hint of defense) won’t be successful in a conference with some incredibly good defensive teams and coaches (S Carolina, LSU, Mississippi, and Texas in the near future). The razorbacks can get hot and notch a good win or 2 in conference play but it won’t hold up in the long run.
His style is much like Jenny B's at OU, but I think OU has a bit more focus on defense. You have to score points to win, but you have to be able to hold the other team down also. Good defense will keep you in games even when you have a cold shooting night. You can count the number of times on one hand that we've been completely out of a game since Vic arrived.

Recent Threads

Back