2023/2024 Portal News

Had forgotten about Gusters until this came up.

It doesn't really matter to me if Gusters is allowed to play this season because I don't view her presence as a threat to our post play. But in the spirit of all that is fair according to the new transfer rules she should not be eligible.

Well, this will reduce the length of time fans will be chewing their fingernails but I doubt it has any significant impact on the number of players who enter the portal. It'll just look more like a Wal-Mart opening on Black Friday.

The NCAA Division I Council approved changes to the transfer portal windows that will shrink the number of days for student-athletes to enter their name in the portal.

The rule change will impact all sports and give players 45 total days throughout the year to enter their names into the transfer portal.

Each sport will have 45 total days, but it will be divided differently by sport. For example, before this rule change, the window for football would open the day after the College Football Playoff teams are announced, which was Dec. 4 in 2022, and would stay open for 45 days.

The next period would open April 15 to April 30, which will remain the same with the new changes. Under the new rule, there will be a 30-day window after the season and 15 days in the spring.

In FBS and FCS football, the new 30-day window will begin the Monday after FBS conference championship games. Any student-athletes competing in the College Football Playoff will also be given an additional five-day transfer window in January, while the second window will occur during the second half of April.

For men's and women's basketball, a 45-day window opens the Monday after Selection Sunday.

The Division I Council had proposed changes to the portal in January that would have seen a reduction from 60 total days to 30, but voted Tuesday to instead shrink the window to 45 days. This does not impact when a student-athlete can transfer, only when they can enter their name into the NCAA database to transfer without penalty.

Once the athlete's name is in the transfer portal, she or he is allowed to have contact with other coaches and can transfer at any time. Graduate students are still able to enter their name in the transfer portal at any time without penalty.

Have no idea who she's considering, and/or if we'd be interested. But, only schools with an open scholarship for January would probably get consideration. This is one reason why awarding your last scholarship to a walk-on (prior to the Spring semester) limits your options for mid-year transfers who would really bolster your roster immediately.

Have no idea who she's considering, and/or if we'd be interested. But, only schools with an open scholarship for January would probably get consideration. This is one reason why awarding your last scholarship to a walk-on (prior to the Spring semester) limits your options for mid-year transfers who would really bolster your roster immediately.

No worries. I don't think we add anyone else this season anyway. Apparently there's very good chemistry amongst our group... you don't want to mess with that.

Agree; as a general rule, retaining one open ship provides the flexibility to capitalize on unanticipated player availability. After all, we don't know what we don't know.

No worries. I don't think we add anyone else this season anyway. Apparently there's very good chemistry amongst our group... you don't want to mess with that.
Eh. I feel like I read that same thing one year ago.

I haven't kept up with all the pre-season articles or video conferences. Did Vic actually state that?

Eh. I feel like I read that same thing one year ago.

I haven't kept up with all the pre-season articles or video conferences. Did Vic actually state that?
The only thing we can do is speculate about this team until we see them for ourselves. This time last year we WERE a special team until the injury bug bit us and we got in a hole to start the season. The second round loss to Louisville was disappointing, but winning a Big 12 title was pretty impressive when you take into consideration our limitations due to injuries. I don't know about you, but I trust Vic.

Hmm, you have no idea whether schools with open scholarships would garner more interest from Cavinder or not. What is clear from your comment is the backhanded swipes at Sarah for not deserving a scholarship and at Vic for offering her one.

It's awfully easy to sit in judgment behind a computer screen. In Vic we should trust.

Hmm, you have no idea whether schools with open scholarships would garner more interest from Cavinder or not. What is clear from your comment is the backhanded swipes at Sarah for not deserving a scholarship and at Vic for offering her one.

It's awfully easy to sit in judgment behind a computer screen. In Vic we should trust.
100!!!

I have more "idea" than you do; it's logical that if she plans to enroll somewhere in January that an open scholarship is a benefit.

Get your feelings in check; I don't care how you spin what I stated. You can read into my comments whatever you want. Bottom line is we have no open scholarships for mid-year transfers.

The only thing we can do is speculate about this team until we see them for ourselves. This time last year we WERE a special team until the injury bug bit us and we got in a hole to start the season. The second round loss to Louisville was disappointing, but winning a Big 12 title was pretty impressive when you take into consideration our limitations due to injuries. I don't know about you, but I trust Vic.
You're the one who threw out that comment about this year's team chemistry. Did you make it up, or did Vic or someone on the coaching staff state that in an interview (which I could have easily missed)? Why "speculate" about team chemistry if we aren't around them in practice?

I have more "idea" than you do; it's logical that if she plans to enroll somewhere in January that an open scholarship is a benefit.

Get your feelings in check; I don't care how you spin what I stated. You can read into my comments whatever you want. Bottom line is we have no open scholarships for mid-year transfers.

But according to the article you cited, Cavinder wants to transfer for the 2024-2025 season. This spring is still part of the 2023-2024 season, so your "idea" is nothing more than conjecture. And, about keeping "feelings in check"; hmm...maybe check that mountain-sized chip you've got on your shoulder when it comes to Vic and his staff. Sorry if Vic peed in your Cheerios.

But according to the article you cited, Cavinder wants to transfer for the 2024-2025 season. This spring is still part of the 2023-2024 season, so your "idea" is nothing more than conjecture. And, about keeping "feelings in check"; hmm...maybe check that mountain-sized chip you've got on your shoulder when it comes to Vic and his staff. Sorry if Vic peed in your Cheerios.
This! :beertoast:

You and your 3 passive-aggressive posts on this forum show you have been in full attack mood since you registered.

Last time I checked, this is a "discussion" forum where I am allowed to discuss my "opinions", just like everyone else. Doesn't bother me one bit if you can't handle that; I will continue posting my opinions as I see fit.

You're the one who threw out that comment about this year's team chemistry. Did you make it up, or did Vic or someone on the coaching staff state that in an interview (which I could have easily missed)? Why "speculate" about team chemistry if we aren't around them in practice?
I'm not going to get into it with you again with your absolute opinions where nobody else's matters, and your quest to always be in first place.
In the words of Jan Brady, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..." <middle finger emoji>

You and your 3 passive-aggressive posts on this forum show you have been in full attack mood since you registered.

Last time I checked, this is a "discussion" forum where I am allowed to discuss my "opinions", just like everyone else. Doesn't bother me one bit if you can't handle that; I will continue posting my opinions as I see fit.
How about offering a few dollars of sponsorship since you feel like you're so damn special here? Huh?...

I'm not going to get into it with you again with your absolute opinions where nobody else's matters, and your quest to always be in first place.
In the words of Jan Brady, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..." <middle finger emoji>
I have no idea what you're talking about.

This thread is about "transfers". You quoted my post about Cavinder. You spewed something about the team having "very good chemistry" as it relates to not wanting to add new players this late. Then I asked you who stated that this team's "chemistry" was very good (or better than last year); you seem to refuse to want to answer. Then you started babbling unrelated items about speculating about this coming season, last seasons' injuries, last season's loss to Louisville, winning the Big 12 last season, and trusting Vic. No big deal to me if you try to divert from the direct question I asked you.

How about not sounding like a beggar?
I have nothing to do with this site, other than being a member and giving a little to try to make sure it stays up and running. You... you're the equivalent of a union scab. You want all the benefits without paying the dues.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

This thread is about "transfers". You quoted my post about Cavinder. You spewed something about the team having "very good chemistry" as it relates to not wanting to add new players this late. Then I asked you who stated that this team's "chemistry" was very good (or better than last year); you seem to refuse to want to answer. Then you started babbling unrelated items about speculating about this coming season, last seasons' injuries, last season's loss to Louisville, winning the Big 12 last season, and trusting Vic. No big deal to me if you try to divert from the direct question I asked you.
"Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..."
~Jan Brady~

I have nothing to do with this site, other than being a member and giving a little to try to make sure it stays up and running. You... you're the equivalent of a union scab. You want all the benefits without paying the dues.
You certainly are judgmental. Proof that a leopard can't change its spots.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back