Wyoming Game?

:tech: vs WYOMING

STATS

1st Downs: Tech 26; WYO 24

Total Yards: Tech 431; WYO 320 (that's right, Tech outgained the Pokes by 111 yards)

Passing Yards: Tech 338; WYO 149

Rushing Yards: Tech 93; WYO 171

Turnovers: Tech 1; WYO 2

Wyoming was lucky to come out on top. 35-33.

Wyoming is going to try to run on our D. That's an uphill battle for them...

Tech torched them through the air. Unless Ewers has a horrendous game, look for us to get a lot of yards and TDs in the air.

Tech couldn't run the ball well on Wyoming. Tech's OL sucks.

I would hold Baxter and Blackwell out of the Wy. game. Let folks get well and come back stronger next game.
Brooks, Blue, and K. Robinson are more than capable of carrying the load at RB. I'd like to see more of K. Robinson, running, and catching the ball.

At LB, we're looking good thus far.

Could be a rainy game. Hard to believe, but that's what the forecast shows. That may inhibit the passing game. But our OL "should" be able to push around a smaller DL in the running game. And likewise, Peasly in not a great passer so the cowboys will try to run. And that should be tough against the Texas DL.

Brooks, Blue, and K. Robinson are more than capable of carrying the load at RB. I'd like to see more of K. Robinson, running, and catching the ball.

At LB, we're looking good thus far.
JB and Blue are the better backs anyway. C4 needs to get healthy and rest.

Guess he didn't see our 2005 team.
I beleive that was 18 years ago.
'04, '05, '08, '09...and until we do more this season I'd throw '01, '02 and maybe '03 ahead of them too.

This team might get to the lofty heights of the peak Mack Brown era, but we sure aren't there yet.

Looks like the pajamas I wore around age 3.
NCAA-Wyoming-Perimeter-Men-s-AOP-Knit-Pant_7b1e0b44-e16e-402f-91b4-f9022e994562_1.f327b2b9c13359bacf089fd93494a627.jpeg

The Wyoming game is now more important than Bama. You took care of business against Bama and they are in the rearview mirror, but it will all mean nothing if you come out and lay an egg against Wyoming and perish the thought get upset. Stay focused, play with a high level of intensity (human nature says it won't be as high as last week), execute better than the week before and crush any hope that they may have of staying in the game in the first quarter.

The Wyoming game is now more important than Bama. You took care of business against Bama and they are in the rearview mirror, but it will all mean nothing if you come out and lay an egg against Wyoming and perish the thought get upset. Stay focused, play with a high level of intensity (human nature says it won't be as high as last week), execute better than the week before and crush any hope that they may have of staying in the game in the first quarter.
The most important game is the next one.:hookem:

Week to week game emotions have to be managed.

I remember playing on my HS JV, we were undefeated. We beat our biggest rival 41-7 late season.

Next week we played THE worst team in the district. Coach warned us all week. We played like crap for 3 quarters and were behind 14-0 early in the forth quarter before we woke up and scrambled to win 15-14. We finished 9-1 that season. Good memories.

Kind of reminds me of the UT 1969 arky game in FayetteNam.....

Last edited:
Worst
That seems like such a normal reaction and if the Horns experienced I would understand.
Do you think Sark who understands that too can overcome it?

btw congrats to jv team

This is where the team captains and/or team leaders take charge and motivate the team in whatever way it takes!

Worst
That seems like such a normal reaction and if the Horns experienced I would understand.
Do you think Sark who understands that too can overcome it?

btw congrats to jv team

Oh, me thinks Sark is smart and way beyond my HS coach about a proper focus and getting up for the next game.

Too many of our team leaders / captains will be fired up and focused for UT to have a let down vs WY.

It may not win 59-6.... maybe 44-17.... due to backups playing early.

However, our D is a very hostile, angry and a hungry bunch. The D might hold them to 3 points!

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-UTSA *
Sat, Sep 14 • 6:00 PM on ESPN

Recent Threads

Back