World Cup 2022

And it will be an Argentina-France final in Qatar. There is irony in the fact that the two superstars Messi for Argentina and Mbappe for France both play their club ball for Qatari owned Paris St. Germain. Messi has been the player of the tournament thus far and he is seeking the only title he has yet to win in his incredible career, a World Cup. If he can add that title to his resume Sunday it will indelibly add him to the all time pantheon of Pele and Diego Maradona in the short list of who has a case for the futbol GOAT
Sorry, is thing still on? My son wants to watch the final though. Day and time?

Well, today showed the absolute incredible best of what futbol can be, for 75 minutes Argentina dominated but the young French superstar Mbappe had five minutes of brilliance and scored twice in about 90 seconds to tie it up. Both sides had chances late in regulation but it was 2-2 to added extra time. Messi with his second goal seemed to get the win but then Mbappe completed his hat trick and at 3-3 it went to penalty kicks. The tension was so palpable and it was the Argentine goalie with a huge save on the second taker and then France's third whipped it wide, all four Argentines made their PK's and Argentina lifted the Cup.

To me, the Messi-Maradonna debate was never really a debate and if it wasnt clear to anyone before it should be now. The only real debate on the futbol GOAT is Messi and Pele and both have a ridiculously strong cases and no wrong choice between the two.

4 years to the World Cup in the USA and both Arlington and Houston as host sites with a better then zero chance Arlington gets the final.

Last edited:
5 million plus showed up to the victory parade in Buenos Aires, we Americans truly cannot fathom what it means to a country like Argentina to win the World Cup. We have literally nothing comparable in sport for a national team.

Chop, I love you. I didn't know this was here during the Cup.

Basketball isn't "developed" through the colleges either. It's mostly the next proving ground level before investing millions of dollars.

Club/Academy soccer is where the best develop. The best of the best have gone to europe before college normally.

Recent Threads

Back