Whiskey

IMG_2442.jpeg

High end cocktail bars will pay for that. Your typical neighborhood bar, not so much.

Your typical home bartender? Maybe for Christmas, but it won't last.

I want to know how you did this. I've used distilled water and still had a ton of white/bubbles in the middle.
There are a few ways to do it, and I’m in the early trail and error stages, but I tested with a Yeti cup, poured RO water and froze for 24 hours. It’s important to not use a lid, otherwise you lose the directional freezing needed to remove the impurities. The Yeti cup I used actually produced ice, though it came out beautifully crystal clear, too big to fit in traditional cocktail glass. Some people shave to size. Several YouTube videos you can search that will give you what you’re looking for.

There are a few ways to do it, and I’m in the early trail and error stages, but I tested with a Yeti cup, poured RO water and froze for 24 hours. It’s important to not use a lid, otherwise you lose the directional freezing needed to remove the impurities. The Yeti cup I used actually produced ice, though it came out beautifully crystal clear, too big to fit in traditional cocktail glass. Some people shave to size. Several YouTube videos you can search that will give you what you’re looking for.

RO water? How did you get it out of the yeti? Just let it thaw for a while?

Reverse osmosis or filtered water. Yes, I let it thaw for a few minutes then just worked it until it slid out. Make sure whatever container you use doesn’t have a lip or rim that won’t allow ice to come out. In other words, make sure the container doesn’t get narrower at top. I guess it depends where you live, but regular tap water will usually have bubbles and cloudiness. They also sell molds…just have to review which one works best. They don’t all produce the same results. I’ll look for a couple of YouTubes you might check out.

Beautiful. My fridge does the ball ice. Everyone seems to think it’s cool but even though the fridge claims there are settings to get it clear, not so. But it definitely lasts longer and is kinda cool.

I do the fridge big square ice for whisky. It never comes out a perfect cube. But it's still good.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back