Week 7 Prediction Thread: Texas vs. Georgia...Horns and Dawgs Don't Mesh!

militaryhorn

Prediction Contest Manager
Big week following the OU week...I Love It!

College Football GIF by Storyful

Georgia has had their flat days. As recently as yesterday. I think their QB is a little overrated and not as much a cinch without last years allworld tight end. Ewers was out for a month and he overthrew his first handfull of passes. His foot work was uncharacteristicly dancy. Lots of, up the middle rush from a very good but wasted OU DL middle caused that. Believe we can score well, others not nearly as good have. Our defense gets better every week. Albeit impossible to exaggerate how BAD OU offense is. Hence

Texas 38
UGa. 17

Early line at Circa is Texas -3 and an Over/Under of 55.5.

The three is the standard home field 'advantage.'

'Dawg D likes to give up yards to teams that simply aren't good. Imagine when they play a good team...

Conversely, Texas has had its own malaise, particularly with hanging on to the ball. They SHOULD have hung 50+ on the land thieves.

Texas needs to bring its A+ game from the opening kick. The D cannot be on its heels.

This comes down to the last five minutes.

TEXAS: 27
Georgia: 26

Edited to add that rain appears to be in the forecast...biggest impact is likely on the kicking games, especially with E/SE winds. Mild temps...

Last edited:
Bevo 31
Uga 21

In the OTF post game podcast, Brian Roberson expressed the opinion that this Texas team, man for man, is more talented than his 2005 national championship version. That’s high praise.

My concern is that while we have played very well and essentially dominated every team so far, Saturday will be a new challenge. Georgia is considerably better, player for player, than anyone we have seen. Additionally, it will be the first real offense we have seen.

While I’m cautiously optimistic, our quarterback play has to be better than what we saw yesterday or we might be in trouble. The unknown is how our secondary will hold up against a real quarterback and passing attack. This will be the first true test.

Personally, I think we are a better team than Georgia. Alabama beat Georgia and hasn’t looked good in 2 games since. Georgia beat Kentucky by a point and only beat ms st by 10 at home. I think we are a better team than last years on both sides of the ball and our secondary is much better than last year. I fully expect Texas to win this game but they have to show up and play well and execute and protect the football. DKR will be rocking Saturday night. I really think our team will be mentally ready for the challenge.
31-17 horns.

This is a fascinating match up. Coach v Coach; team v team; talent v talent.
Our QB is better; our receivers are better.
Our OL and their DL are even.
Our front seven and their OL and TE are even.
Our D backs have a slight edge over their receivers.
Look for our Defense or special teams to score.

Horns 41
Dogs 24

Last edited:
This is my one loss on the confidence thread but it was also my lowest confidence pick. If I knew then what I know now it would still be my lowest confidence pick but it would have gone the other way.

Six games in the Texas defense has given up a total of 36 points while the offense is averaging 43 plus points a game and just had its lowest scoring output against OU, which was 34 points. I think the D can hold Georgia in the 20's and the offense needs to get to the 30's for a Texas win.

Texas 31
Georgia 21

fanduel has the o/u at 56.5. This feels like a game in the 20s so makes sense. if our QB gets hot, i pick the over.

Bevo 31
dumb dog gets too close for its own good 27

Georgia is very capable of scoring, but their defense seems to be a bit suspect. The Texas defense can slow down the Dawgs offense, but I don't think their defense can stop the Texas offense.

Texas 31
Georgia 20

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back