Week 4 Prediction Thread: Texas vs UL Monroe...Run Arch Run!

Think we get off to a shaky start and begin with a FG. After that will be smooth sailing.
Arch’s Longhorns ~ 41
Univ LA Monroe. ~ 13

I hate the fact that we have games like this on the schedule. It is a waste of everyone's time.

UL Monroe is massively over-matched in every facet of the game. I will be very disappointed -- and surprised -- if they score on us. They will try to keep us out of the end zone by chewing up the clock, but their C-minus running game will have very little success against our solid-A rush defense. The only blemish on an otherwise perfect game will be a missed extra point.

Warhawks 0
Horns 62

I hate the fact that we have games like this on the schedule. It is a waste of everyone's time.

UL Monroe is massively over-matched in every facet of the game. I will be very disappointed -- and surprised -- if they score on us.

I think run it up the gut teams will do ok against us this year. We're solid everywhere else, but less so in that area imo.

I guess I’m alone here but it still bothers me we haven’t shown a dominant run game against these less than stellar opponents.

I think run it up the gut teams will do ok against us this year. We're solid everywhere else, but less so in that area imo.
Teams with a multi-dimensional offense may be able to run it up the gut against us this year. But we will have no trouble adjusting to stop a team that does pretty much nothing else -- especially a team that is rated outside the top 100.

UL Monroe is massively over-matched in every facet of the game. I will be very disappointed -- and surprised -- if they score on us. They will try to keep us out of the end zone by chewing up the clock, but their C-minus running game will have very little success against our solid-A rush defense. The only blemish on an otherwise perfect game will be a missed extra point.

Warhawks 0
Horns 62
This game was added because the SEC didn’t select a 9 game conference schedule.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back