Week 1 Prediction Thread: Texas vs Colorado St...Beginning of an Era

I'm thinking we open a significant lead and then give the starters a break in the second half allowing CSU a chance to close the gap.
Good Guys-45
First Loss-18

Beware of opening day gitters. Also, CSU has a lot of pride (ask CU). But near 100* + Ausitn humidity + Texas' depth take a toll on the visiters.

UT. - 45
CSU - 17

Last edited:
Horns 34
Rams 17

And i hope im wrong, but i think sark will be playing conservative if UT gets up by 17 or so…

I just saw a press conference with two of the C State players and they seem to be very quality young men. I wish them well in their loss to Texas and hope that they make a good showing on Saturday.

44-34 good guys
I think you sort of think you nailed it. I now believe it will be a pretty high scoring game. Ewers will be very good, but he is playing with new receivers which may keep us from scoring 50+. Csu has a top passing game and they will score plenty. But not enough to win.

IMG_2744.jpeg

It is finally here! The first week of college football and the beginning of our journey in the SEC. Although our first game is an out of conference game against the Colorado St Rams, we are officially beginning our time in a new conference.

Let the predictions begin!

Excited Season 5 GIF by The Office

Texas Longhorns GIF by ESPN
1725067698566.png

Texas is ahead at the half by two scores, a combination of lackadaisical play plus Snow Aggy being pumped for their super bowl.

However, heat melts Snow Aggy in the second half and the Longhorn third string plays surprisingly well.

Calling this one as:
TEXAS- 59
SnowAggy- 23

One kickoff return, one pick-six. A second pick-six will be called back for a penalty of dubious nature.

Season openers can be a little bumpy but this should still be a solid Texas win.

Texas 48
CSU 20

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back