Watching ou - secsecsec roll-out:

Bubba,

When you drum major does that, I have had the same response for decades to those around me.

"As a parent, your biggest living nightmare is that you son will grow up to be that guy".

Sorry, Bubba, but I hold him in the same esteem as the "i dotter" in Columbus.

Now the guys at Southern; that's talent.

I just hope that the estate of Richard Rodgers gets a royalty check every time the Pride plays the “Oklahoma” melody from the R&H musical of the same name. :yes:

Bubba,

When you drum major does that, I have had the same response for decades to those around me.

"As a parent, your biggest living nightmare is that you son will grow up to be that guy".

Sorry, Bubba, but I hold him in the same esteem as the "i dotter" in Columbus.

Now the guys at Southern; that's talent.
A friend of the family from our eastern OK rural area was the drum major for at least a year. His cousin grew up on our little neighborhood. We all thought that was pretty cool.

My dad always said "I'd give my front seat in hell to have one of my boys run down that ramp in the Cotton Bowl." He was an amazing football player who's knees were decimated in the late 50's. I was the best basketball player on the OL (and the best OL on the basketball team and neither of those necessarily translate to success) who was also a toe kicker with range of 48 yards and NO MORE. My little brother was second in the state in passing behind Cale Gundy his senior year but he was 5-10 and quasi slow. So, no ramp.

Mom still has the sign in sheet from the "Funeral" they had for a passed out attorney friend of theirs at the hotel on Commerce street from the 70's He woke up at 6:00AM, thought it was 6:00PM and was pissed they went to dinner without him. Mom was still going to OU-Texas in her late 60's after dad died. She and her friend slipped a ticket taker a $50 each to get in one year. One year she bought Texas tickets and then walked up to two anxious looking Texas fans in the OU section and traded them seats. She said that was an easy trade.

My wife wants to go this year but I dread the crowd. I will go down on Thursday to hang out with my fraternity friends, play at least a round of golf, eat a good steak, drink and tell lies.

Why don't you go down to Tolbert's this Saturday? We could use a good punching bag!
OUBubba, that's a great idea. You're a recognized poster on Hornfans - you would be welcomed. You would have to endure the usual amount of "ou sucks" comments, but no big deal. Come on down to Tolbert's and join us tomorrow!

OUBubba, that's a great idea. You're a recognized poster on Hornfans - you would be welcomed. You would have to endure the usual amount of "ou sucks" comments, but no big deal. Come on down to Tolbert's and join us tomorrow!
I’ve been in Madison WI all week. Got home just in time to take the 8 year old to soccer practice. And he has a tournament in Ft. Smith this weekend. Yay!

^Got it. There will be more Hornfans tailgates - WorsterMan will see to it. You should plan to join us at the next one.

To quote ElginHotSausage:

They stole their colors from Harvard, their fight song from Yale, their players from Texas, and their state song from a Broadway play .

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back