VY bar fight

Michael Vick was one of the biggest pieces of **** to ever put on a helmet. I would let Robert Joseph come back and be a Longhorn before ever letting Vick even near Memorial Stadium. As bad as some think OU is, they've never had anyone as worthless as Vick was/is.

As for VY's posse, no ******* way! HPD used to keep an eye on him trying to keep him away from them. This bar is between Timbergrove & The Heights, with multiple restaurants and average home prices $500,000+ and new townhouses over a million. It is a good 10-12 miles from his old stomping ground, but you have to drive through Memorial, River Oaks, Tanglewood, Bellaire, West U to get there. Worst thing over there is that hobby shop Memorial passes off as a hospital.

Big man with a sucker

VY did good things for Texas mid 2004 season to the final minute of the 2006 Rose Bowl. He forever changed the trajectory of the program not coming back for his senior year.

He's never been a hero to me. This thread proves it.

Flame away.
Blaming VY
VY did good things for Texas mid 2004 season to the final minute of the 2006 Rose Bowl. He forever changed the trajectory of the program not coming back for his senior year.

Flame away

Flame away.
I just got back on this site, now I know why I got off it. Stupid *** post. VY won the only real NC we had since 69.
He doesn’t have to be your hero but he did get sucker punched by a little twit.

Texags would welcome you with open arms with this garbage.

I've observed that VY gets thrown a lot of crap from people who never did **** at UT.

I've observed that VY gets thrown a lot of crap from people who never did **** at UT.

I understand HIC's sentiment because if VY returns we are almost guaranteed to have a strong shot at another natty, but I happen to disagree with him too. VY literally put the team on his back to win in 2005. That was a talented team, but without him we would not have outscored USC that night with the defense giving up 39. We also were just fine after VY left with an inexperienced Colt on deck doing a great job taking us to another championship game a few years later. What changed our trajectory was Colt getting injured in that game throwing Mack into a downward spiral from which he could never recover. That followed by a DEI hire then the rushed binder boy hire.

I see no point in being a dick to other members because you disagree.

“He's never been a hero to me. This thread proves it.

Flame away”

Troll post blaming VY for some reason.

Blaming VY

I just got back on this site, now I know why I got off it. Stupid *** post. VY won the only real NC we had since 69.

Flame away”

Blaming VY

You've been pissed off at me, or butthurt, not sure which, ever since I rightfully called the "players" who refused to stay and at least stand on the field for The Eyes losers. Get over it.

I have lauded VY enough over the years. You choose to take this as my overall opinion of the greatness he brought to the 40 Acres. Whatever. Get over it.

Flame away”

Creek. No flames.

VY not a hero seems rather odd? Maybe I mis-read?

Anyway, not clear what all the prior posts are re: VY success are exactly.

Regardless, ERRBODY, let's move on GD, let it GO!!!

At the end of the day we love the Horns!!🤘

Last edited:
I understand HIC's sentiment because if VY returns we are almost guaranteed to have a strong shot at another natty, but I happen to disagree with him too. VY literally put the team on his back to win in 2005. That was a talented team, but without him we would not have outscored USC that night with the defense giving up 39. We also were just fine after VY left with an inexperienced Colt on deck doing a great job taking us to another championship game a few years later. What changed our trajectory was Colt getting injured in that game throwing Mack into a downward spiral from which he could never recover. That followed by a DEI hire then the rushed binder boy hire.

I see no point in being a dick to other members because you disagree.

I'm the most anti DEI guy there is, and I don't think Strong was a DEI hire. He was a great defensive coordinator and he did a great job at Louisville. He was a leader of young men and I'd go to war for him. Ultimately this job was just too big. Hell, it ended up being too big for Herman too, and everyone thought he was a slam dunk hire. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Hell. Alabama hired Dennis Franchione.

Creek. No flames.

VY not a hero to you seems rather odd? Really? Maybe I mis-read?

Anyway, not clear what the prior posts are re: VY success are exactly. Why inflammatory.

Regardless, ERRBODY, let's move on GD, let it GO!!!

At the end of the day we love the Horns!!🤘
Worster-Misread- I’m a huge VY fan. I got to visit with him a few times . He is about as nice as Earl. His son is a QB freshman at Kinkaid, so he is coming here in a few.
Agreed..Hook'em.

I'm the most anti DEI guy there is, and I don't think Strong was a DEI hire.

Somewhere out there (I'm not going looking for it) was a quote from the president at the time that he was going to hire the first black football coach at Texas. That's a DEI hire even though it wasn't called that back then. Strong was an excellent position coach and was blessed during his 3 years at Louisville with probably the best QB he's ever seen, however he wasn't ready for the Texas and was hired because of race not qualifications.

however he wasn't ready for the Texas and was hired because of race not qualifications.
He wasn't ready for Texas, true.

He was hired for both race and qualifications. He wasn't completely unqualified for the job, but the weaknesses he brought into it were displayed, magnified, and taken advantage of by other coaches/programs extremely quickly.

Somewhere out there (I'm not going looking for it) was a quote from the president at the time that he was going to hire the first black football coach at Texas. That's a DEI hire even though it wasn't called that back then. Strong was an excellent position coach and was blessed during his 3 years at Louisville with probably the best QB he's ever seen, however he wasn't ready for the Texas and was hired because of race not qualifications.
Tell him to his face!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back