Venables Presser today, Thank Goodness for Sark

I always told Barry that there is no one I wanted to beat more than him, but I pulled for OU in every other game because I wanted it to stick in his gut that he only lost ONE GAME and that was us, and he had to wait 365 days to try to get even.

For those who do not know him, he would have made a great preacher. Best eulogy I ever heard, he delivered at the funeral of a mutual friend in Columbia, SC. When he spoke at Fred's, he admitted that Fred was the only coach that beat Barry more times than Barry beat him.
NOw that we are both ‘not ready for the SEC’ im all in one on OU proving everybody wrong with us.
A good work friend of mines son played at OU during Stoops/stoops/venable heyday.. i would ask him how the players follow a guy like Mike Stoops.. all he did was lose his composure on EVERY play.
He told me Stoops wasnt the hothead,, Venables was.
His kid went in the first round, never heard from him again .

I always told Barry that there is no one I wanted to beat more than him, but I pulled for OU in every other game because I wanted it to stick in his gut that he only lost ONE GAME and that was us, and he had to wait 365 days to try to get even.

For those who do not know him, he would have made a great preacher. Best eulogy I ever heard, he delivered at the funeral of a mutual friend in Columbia, SC. When he spoke at Fred's, he admitted that Fred was the only coach that beat Barry more times than Barry beat him.
Barry used to have a 15 minute show on a DFW radio station and that man is pure gold in telling stories.
Very funny guy.

My bad, apparently I stumbled on to soonerfans...uhdotcom.

:whiteflag:

F Switzer and the horse he rode in on. I don't care how folksy he is at spinning yarns or anything else. All that matters to me as a Texas fan is what a POS he was when coached OU.

My bad, apparently I stumbled on to soonerfans...uhdotcom.

:whiteflag:

F Switzer and the horse he rode in on. I don't care how folksy he is at spinning yarns or anything else. All that matters to me as a Texas fan is what a POS he was when coached OU.
switzer is a certified POS but he was a good coach and recruiter. Okrahoma has nothing but the sooners and for some reason the Ok State Cowboys dont get much love even though "Im a grown man" Gundy is obviously a very good coach. Just look at his record for the last 20 yrs. As another poster noted, we have an excellent AD in CDC who is on par with Deloss and we have a very good coach in Sark. He has a tremendous demeanor and must be an excellent leader given the team/locker room/recruiting success. Certainly a welcome relief from our social experiment and binder boy, 2 of our bigger FUBAR's.

NR,

Mike Stoops was a hothead. One of my great memories was Mike Stoops with his back to the field yelling in the headset at Chuck Long up in the Cotton Bowl press box. You could hear Stoops in the upper deck. I'm no fan of Mike Stoops, but Chuck Long is a cancer MD Anderson couldn't cure.

NR,

Mike Stoops was a hothead. One of my great memories was Mike Stoops with his back to the field yelling in the headset at Chuck Long up in the Cotton Bowl press box. You could hear Stoops in the upper deck. I'm no fan of Mike Stoops, but Chuck Long is a cancer MD Anderson couldn't cure.
Stoops going after chuck long was funny, classless but funny!!

Back