Trump Shot

mc You know I am more concerned about Demx cheating

Just here in Texas Bexar County mailed over 200k ballots to unregistered people even though their own registrar was against it
Paxton is fighting it but the ballots are gone
How many will sneak through and get counted?
One tactic One county One state
How many more tactics in how many states are there ?
Look at what True the Vote is fighting. What don't we know about?

I think Cuomo was sincere, but as an ex-TV reporter I learned that you need to report with the belief that the average age of the listener is around 15, I do not like his phrase "despot in waiting. That choice of words makes me waver a little on his sincerity.

Plus his giant face that made sincere expressions!
I will bake one of my delicious and famous deserts if anyone can find an average "guy on the street" who knows what that word means.
I do give him credit for speaking up, and wish more would.

You have to dumb it down.
He should have said, something along the lines of ( just spitballing of the top of my head while on Vicodin"

" He isn't Hitler (pause)
"He isn't Mussolini .(pause)

"He may not be your choice at all, you may despise everything he stands for,but he does not deserve to be killed."

Several politicians have been the target of assassinations, or attempts in recent years. . JFK, RFK, Ronald Reagan. Steve Scalise, Gabby Giffords.
Hateful speech and names caused them.
Our words matter.
Please, for the love of our nation, let's tone down the hateful speech on both sides.
You are no hero if you kill a politician. You are a loser.

We are lucky that we live in a country where you may speak freely, but when you constantly call a person one of the worst human beings in history, you have gone too far. And this is what happens.
And none of us want that to happen. Or should want it.
So, speak up against this kind of activity.
Let's get back to a kinder America, and hopefully we can unite again.

Yes, I was extremely fortunate to get an internship as a sophomore at the NBC affiliate, channel 36. The Juniors weren't too happy because the tapes of your work were basically your resume.

I worked at channel 36 for a couple of years for a pittance.
Then, there was a story that kind of turned me off of the job that was my passion.
A 13 year old, Elaine McQuistion, went missing on her way home from school. I was low reporter on the totem pole, so I got the story.
She was a heavy girl, played in the band, and was already packing for a trip to Europe with her grandmother about 3 months in advance. Not exactly the run away type. Plus, the police had found her bike on the side of the road, bent and hidden.

The police finally believed she hadn't run away, but I had met with her family many times, spent time in her bedroom, anything to keep the story alive, even though we all knew she wasn't alive after a few months.

Don Henley Henley has a song called "Dirty Laundry" that is a good summation of TV reporting.

Our station literally had a pool going on when and if Elaine's body would be found. I was outraged, almost crying (and I rarely cry in front of people) and one of the older reporters put his hand on my shoulder and said, "don't worry, you'll get used to it"
Well, I didn't ever want to get used to a shy, most likely unpopular girl going missing, and joking about it. So, that started me thinking.

Elaine was found in August, outside of Austin, under some tree branches and bushes. I could never explain what she looked like or what the smell was like.
And then I had to go shove my microphone in her parents face and ask them how they felt. They finally caught the 4 Mexicans who had knocked her off her bike, raped her, and strangled her to death. They were all high school aged, and weren't tried as adults.

I had many offers in much larger markets, I'm not trying to brag at all, but people had a way of telling me things for some reason.
The job was my top 3 passions, writing, photography (filming a story) and being nosy! But, the way you climb the ladder in that field is by doing more and more horrible stories. And my boyfriend was in medical school, so, I took a job with a pharmaceutical company that my dad had been bugging me about to earn much more money, thinking I would go back to TV when my then boyfriend was making money in a residency, but that never happened.

I am very proud that I had 2 stories I thought of myself go National, again, not trying to brag, but I was only an intern and looked about 16.
One was about the lack of wheelchair access at UT. My dad wouldn't pay for summers, only 4 years, so I slung hash at Kinsolving dorm, and all the people in wheelchairs ate at one table. There was one girl that looked like the type of girl I would have been friends with, and I asked to follow her to class as I was curious. It took her about 45 minutes to access a class I could have walked to in about 5 minutes.
So, I did a story, and it won an award and went national.
And, many, many more wheelchair ramps were installed at UT.

I often wonder where I would be if I had followed my passion instead of punking out. Probably working selling cars on the commercials that air at 2:00 am. One of my classmates did that.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I'll blame the Vicodin again. :)

Good Lord
I just heard an explosive device was found by K9 near a Trump rally site in Nassua NY
Demx have got batchit.out of control

Edit. Most media is denying this. The earlier report I heard was pretty detailed. So who knows
I hope it didn't happen

Last edited:
Yes, I was extremely fortunate to get an internship as a sophomore at the NBC affiliate, channel 36. The Juniors weren't too happy because the tapes of your work were basically your resume.

I worked at channel 36 for a couple of years for a pittance.
Then, there was a story that kind of turned me off of the job that was my passion.
A 13 year old, Elaine McQuistion, went missing on her way home from school. I was low reporter on the totem pole, so I got the story.
She was a heavy girl, played in the band, and was already packing for a trip to Europe with her grandmother about 3 months in advance. Not exactly the run away type. Plus, the police had found her bike on the side of the road, bent and hidden.

The police finally believed she hadn't run away, but I had met with her family many times, spent time in her bedroom, anything to keep the story alive, even though we all knew she wasn't alive after a few months.

Don Henley Henley has a song called "Dirty Laundry" that is a good summation of TV reporting.

Our station literally had a pool going on when and if Elaine's body would be found. I was outraged, almost crying (and I rarely cry in front of people) and one of the older reporters put his hand on my shoulder and said, "don't worry, you'll get used to it"
Well, I didn't ever want to get used to a shy, most likely unpopular girl going missing, and joking about it. So, that started me thinking.

Elaine was found in August, outside of Austin, under some tree branches and bushes. I could never explain what she looked like or what the smell was like.
And then I had to go shove my microphone in her parents face and ask them how they felt. They finally caught the 4 Mexicans who had knocked her off her bike, raped her, and strangled her to death. They were all high school aged, and weren't tried as adults.

I had many offers in much larger markets, I'm not trying to brag at all, but people had a way of telling me things for some reason.
The job was my top 3 passions, writing, photography (filming a story) and being nosy! But, the way you climb the ladder in that field is by doing more and more horrible stories. And my boyfriend was in medical school, so, I took a job with a pharmaceutical company that my dad had been bugging me about to earn much more money, thinking I would go back to TV when my then boyfriend was making money in a residency, but that never happened.

I am very proud that I had 2 stories I thought of myself go National, again, not trying to brag, but I was only an intern and looked about 16.
One was about the lack of wheelchair access at UT. My dad wouldn't pay for summers, only 4 years, so I slung hash at Kinsolving dorm, and all the people in wheelchairs ate at one table. There was one girl that looked like the type of girl I would have been friends with, and I asked to follow her to class as I was curious. It took her about 45 minutes to access a class I could have walked to in about 5 minutes.
So, I did a story, and it won an award and went national.
And, many, many more wheelchair ramps were installed at UT.

I often wonder where I would be if I had followed my passion instead of punking out. Probably working selling cars on the commercials that air at 2:00 am. One of my classmates did that.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I'll blame the Vicodin again. :)

Very impressive, especially for a sophomore in college. You should be proud. And I remember "Dirty Laundry," mainly because my mom and my brother listened to popular music even when I was very young (about 6). Of course, back then I actually thought it was about dirty clothes. When I was older and paid attention, I thought it was pretty creepy and dark. From your description, Henley had it about right. Our media is sick, and they care only about themselves and their cultural and political tribe. Despite your skills, I don't think you'd fit into that environment very well.

By the way, you do realize that people here are going to start checking Youtube for old Channel 36 news stories, right? lol

I think they are long dead and buried. Phew!
:oops:

They might be, but don't be 100 percent sure. Tonight, I found out that there is a video on YouTube from 1986, and though it's only for a second or two, I'm in it as a 10 year old. I had no idea. It blew Deez, Jr. away to see it.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back