Texas vs Kansas State (2-4-24)

Here’s how it plays out in my colorful world. We come out punching. We don’t stop punching. Gonzales has a breakout game. Booker is Booker and Amo is Amo. Jones gets a double double. Gaston gets 10. Holle plays the full 40. Horns win by double digits.

Hook ‘em! #InTheMood

Here’s how it plays out in my colorful world. We come out punching. We don’t stop punching. Gonzales has a breakout game. Booker is Booker and Amo is Amo. Jones gets a double double. Gaston gets 10. Holle plays the full 40. Horns win by double digits.

Hook ‘em! #InTheMood
Hoping your colorful world become reality!:hookem3:

Where's Hadi Faye? Second game without her. Seven turnovers at half...5 by Madison. Hope she cleans it up next half.

Good win fo sho.
Gonzales was hampered by 2 early fouls that might have taken away some of her game.
Aggressive on defense until we got a little tired and gave away several easy baskets.
Fought to the end and got the win!!

Another good game for Amo and some impressive minutes for Jak and DeYona. Taylor was a heavy load inside. Madison was somewhat sloppy, but she made up for it on the offensive side. Sure wish we could have more offense from Shay and Shaylee. Too sloppy (made me nervous) in the end.

Last edited:
Great win taking down #2 in the rematch. Glad they’ll be able to get a little rest in before this final Big 12 stretch in February. One more loss to avenge

The ONLY thing I'm walking away from this game feeling good about is not having let it get away. That was very sloppy. Players are probably tired.. short rotations... lots of minutes being logged on tired legs.

Hey y’all, Texas just beat the #2 team in the country. Were there mistakes? Yes. Was the game perfectly executed? No. But I’m for sure super happy with the 7 point win. Come off the ledge a little people; things are looking up.

I’m not really knowledgeable about bb fouls but were there not some strange calls in this game? And, good on Coach for “reminding” the officials that the foul they called had a couple of free throws along with it. Those bozos were just going to let the game continue.

I’m not really knowledgeable about bb fouls but were there not some strange calls in this game? And, good on Coach for “reminding” the officials that the foul they called had a couple of free throws along with it. Those bozos were just going to let the game continue.
I said it countless times before and I'll say it again... WCBB gets some of the worst officiating ever known to mankind. Today's bunch supports that statement.

Although it was on both sides, the refs were absolutely a joke today. At one point KState coach was standing on the free throw line screaming at the ref and no technical. Gaston had a basket taken away that was absolutely a +1. And Jones gets mauled and a no call, but she looks funny at a KState player and gets the foul. Gonzales set a perfect charge but got called for the foul. And the travels that weren’t called… It was maddening in the second half particularly.

I thought we played very well against a very good team. Both teams were sloppy which, in my opinion, was more about the refs than the players. That KState press in the final few minutes was only effective because the refs didn’t make the calls. Should have been a 14 point win.

That’s my story and I’m sticking too it. I’m sure KState feels exactly the opposite.
:smokin:

Last edited:
Terrible officiating and really physical, dirty play by K State. Happy never to play them in regular season. A normally called game would have players driving for the basket but you could not do it because you would get a foul. We played defense so well through most of the game. We need to get the offense going but I think as mentioned above so many players are gassed. A win is a win but we need to take pressure off Booker to be the only scorer on the floor.

Good game Ladies. As a player this type of win could be celebrated more than the "everything goes right" game. Gotta win ugly sometime. Madison's turnovers just reminds me that our floor general is a true freshman playing what some might say is out of position at point guard. All considered her play is amazing. What is so exciting is knowing she will get better.:bevo:

Terrible officiating and really physical, dirty play by K State.
That's always been my complaint about KSU and ISU... nobody holds, hooks, and shoves off more than those two teams, yet Jeff Mitte and Bill Fennelly are always whining about physical play and "freedom of movement."

Anyone’s zone has given us problems
Not today. It was KState’a man to man that gave us problems. They threw in a press and gave us a dose of our (usually) own medicine. Madison is excellent at breaking a zone because of that amazing midrange shot of hers. What happened to us in the 4th quarter is what we usually do to other teams.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back