Texas-Georgia Game Thread

Considering how many short fields the D has faced, they have played fairly well against a very good offense
They have been under pressure all game. When your team is averaging 1 yard - 1! - a play, your D is going to be in a bad place all the time. Add in the turnovers, the poor punting, etc.m and the D is toast. Georgia is averaging 4.4 a play - the D has done about as well as you could hope.

I have watched every game Georgia has played this year and this is the best they have looked all year. Especially their defense. Tonight they look unblockable. I don't know if we will but we can still come back but our offense has to help our defense.
Just gotta remember there's a lot of football season still to be played. No one will win or lose the championship in October.

Manning gives Texas the best chance to come back in this game. The middle is open 10-15 yards down the field. The o-line has to be better especially on the right side. Defense will need to get at least one turnover deep in Georgia territory or a big punt return. Realistically I don’t think we can outscore them by 24 in the second half but anything is possible.

Right side of the OL is just terrible.
Georgia was ranked #1 at the beginning of the season for a reason. Their lines are really good.
And their big RB’s run hard.
The pass coverage is confusing our QB’s.
Arch didn’t see our wide open receiver downfield that would have scored or darn near score.
Ou guys don’t look well prepared, which is really surprising.
Second half needs to be near perfect. No turnovers on O; and our D needs to score to help us get back into the game

Manning gives Texas the best chance to come back in this game. The middle is open 10-15 yards down the field. The o-line has to be better especially on the tight side. Defense will need to get at least one turnover deep in Georgia territory or a big punt return. Realistically I don’t think we can outscore them by 24 in the second half but anything is possible.
This first drive has to produce any score just to show that we can do it. That could motivate the defense to make that stop or turnover and so on.

Georgia was ranked #1 at the beginning of the season for a reason. Their lines are really good.
And their big RB’s run hard.
The pass coverage is confusing our QB’s.
Arch didn’t see a wide open receiver downfield that could have scored or darn near score.
Ou guys don’t look well prepared, which is really surprising.
Second half needs to be near perfect. No turnovers on O; and our D needs to score to help us get back into the game
The culture, unfortunately, has NOT changed, it appears.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back