SW Austin - Watch Battery Change?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by doylehargraves, Feb 14, 2008.

1. doylehargraves

doylehargraves 500+ Posts

Anyone know where I can go in and out and get this done quickly? Lots of good places downtown but looking for somewhere southwest. Thanks in advance.

2. airportlobby

airportlobby 100+ Posts

There's a shop in Barton Creek Mall that'll do it while you wait.

3. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

Abercrombie jewelry on Bee Caves and Mopac
    512-328-7530

4. Horn Chick

Horn Chick 25+ Posts

I had a watch battery changed recently at the Radio Shack on Manchaca and Slaughter. The guy told me they weren't supposed to change them but he did it for me anyway (also I just had a fossil, nothing fancy). This guy looked like Al Pacino and sounded a lot like him too. Hoo aaa!

5. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

There's a watch repair shop next door to the Maudie's at Brodie and Slaughter.

6. Fanny McLonghorn

Fanny McLonghorn 100+ Posts

There's a store called Batteries Plus, and they'll do it in about 30 seconds for however much the battery costs. I think it was like seven bucks for me. There's one on S. Lamar, just south of Oltorf.

7. Skipper

Skipper 100+ Posts

chuy, is Baskin Robbins doing a little jewelry bidness on the side now? Just kidding. Whereabouts exactly is this battery replacement place of which you speak?

8. AuburnTexas

AuburnTexas 100+ Posts

Kruger's in Barton Creek Mall (if they are still there). The Owner has changed my watch battery twice for free while I waited.

9. mishatx

mishatx 1,000+ Posts