Surprise In Fort Worth

HIC,

Just saw this thread. Really sorry to hear about your friend. Hope all the great memories provides some relief to the loss.
Thanks, Sabre. So many good memories.

Funny, yesterday I had some thought come into my head, yes it happens lol, and it made me think of saying it in his voice. I chuckled pretty good not even knowing he was an hour from breathing his last...

Man, I am heartbroken today.

HiC, you have my sympathy. I lost a good friend in March. 12 years younger than me. Talked to him in January and didn't know he was sick. Still miss him. Big Rangers fan.

HiC, you have my sympathy. I lost a good friend in March. 12 years younger than me. Talked to him in January and didn't know he was sick. Still miss him. Big Rangers fan.
Yeah, Derrick was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and was gone in less than 2 weeks. Crazy.

Sorry to hear that.

To lighten the mood, my friend was named Christian. I was the Marketing Director, IT guy, Finance, Chief Negotiator, etc. - mid-sized roofing company and you do all kinds of stuff.

We are waiting for a sales candidate and a guy walks in. The Sales manager asks "Are you Christian?" Guy misunderstands the question as "Are you A Christian." He says yes. I am laughing. Sales Manager wants to know why I am laughing. I ask the guy, "Is your NAME Christian?." Him: No. I cannot stop laughing.

Christian walks in about 30 minutes later. I needed (wanted) to sit in on the interview. Christian became one of our top salesmen and one of my best friends. RIP brother.

Might have told this story before. Apologies if I did.

Last edited:
HIC,

At some point the good memories come to the fore and the anguish disappears into the background. Hoping that day comes for you soon.

To lighten the mood, my friend was named Christian. I was the Marketing Director, IT guy, Finance, Chief Negotiator, etc. - mid-sized roofing company and you do all kinds of stuff.

We are waiting for a sales candidate and a guy walks in. The Sales manager asks "Are you Christian?" Guy misunderstands the question as "Are you A Christian." He says yes. I am laughing. Sales Manager wants to know why I am laughing. I ask the guy, "Is your NAME Christian?." Him: No. I cannot stop laughing.

Christian walks in about 30 minutes later. I needed (wanted) to sit in on the interview. Christian became one of our top salesmen and one of my best friends. RIP brother.

Might have told this story before. Apologies if I did.
One of the guys we taught karate with is named Christian.

Recent Threads

Back