SCOTUS lets GITMO Detainees have

Right move but so politically driven. Does anyone think the dude they threw under the bus made the decision on his own?
Wonder where the likely millions in pay off came from?

This kind of crap scares me. We know Secretary Austin is doing this for political reasons. But that invites the question of why the plea deal was reached in the first place. Were the prosecutors just trying to go light on him for political or ideological reasons or laziness (bad reasons for a plea deal), or is there real problem with the case that presents a meaningful risk of an acquittal or reversal on appeal (a good reason for a plea deal)? Since neither Austin nor the high level people who made the decision have credibility, we'll never know the truth. I just hope Muhammad doesn't get acquitted. Obviously that's a worst case scenario.

Right move but so politically driven. Does anyone think the dude they threw under the bus made the decision on his own?
Wonder where the likely millions in pay off came from?

It is politically driven, but are we really sure it was the right move? That kinda scares me.

So Mr D
You think there is worse possible outcome from trial ?
You may be right
I don't see us executing them and I guess the possibility exists they could get off.
Hmm maybe the deal was the cleanest most expeditious least costly outcome

So Mr D
You think there is worse possible outcome from trial ?
You may be right
I don't see us executing them and I guess the possibility exists they could get off.
Hmm maybe the deal was the cleanest most expeditious least costly outcome

The worst outcome is an acquittal. There are legitimate reasons to plea him down if there was a real chance for an acquittal. Did one of those reasons apply here? We'll never know until it's too late.

Since neither Austin nor the high level people who made the decision have credibility
No; they have less than any creditability. Austin might be a good man who has dedicated his life to protecting the Country. But if this was his idea, I have lost respect for him, and he should be court marshaled as he is a retired General Officer (who never really retire) so he is still subject to USCMJ (aiding and abetting the enemy).

No; they have less than any creditability. Austin might be a good man who has dedicated his life to protecting the Country. But if this was his idea, I have lost respect for him, and he should be court marshaled as he is a retired General Officer (who never really retire) so he is still subject to USCMJ (aiding and abetting the enemy).

He should be court martialed because of the plea agreement or for overturning it?

I can certainly see and understand the emotion tied to those vile evil thugs. Do we want to chance a trial and have them get off?
If you are against the announcement of life in prison do you really think the USA would execute them?
Is it worth the chance time and expense of them getting off?

He should be court martialed because of the plea agreement or for overturning it?
If policital games were being played and he was a part of it he should be court marshaled (maybe not a &b). My concern is his legal "department" supposedly told him what they were going to do so why didn't he tell them no with no publicity? The demz wanted something from the Muslim world he went along with it. (The something is votes in MI and WS.)

I can certainly see and understand the emotion tied to those vile evil thugs. Do we want to chance a trial and have them get off?
If you are against the announcement of life in prison do you really think the USA would execute them?
Is it worth the chance time and expense of them getting off?

Ideally you'd want professional prosecutors making that decision based on the merits of their case and free from politics, and perhaps they did. If that's the case, then Austin is in the wrong to step in and override them. But I don't trust anyone in this process - Austin or the prosecution team.

I get confused. Wouldn't the muslims likethe announcement that the thugs would get life imprisonment?
And then wouldn't the muslims be angry Biden resended the order?
So does the taking back of announcement hurt theDemx in Minn and Wi?

I get confused. Wouldn't the muslims likethe announcement that the thugs would get life imprisonment?
And then wouldn't the muslims be angry Biden resended the order?
So does the taking back of announcement hurt theDemx in Minn and Wi?
Yes. However, the demz misread the remainder of the country's thoughts. It is all policital, and the demz misread the country's feelings. NY, NJ, and CN (the people directly affected by 9/11) would have explode if had not stepped in.

Vipe Thanks
I get it I think.
Are you surprised demx made such an error?
I want to think that maybe something like this means Maybe they will also botch voter cheating? THAT is my greatest concern

Wouldn’t they get some virgins if executed? I’m so confused.

I always thought the 72 virgins thing spoke volumes about Islam. To them, paradise and heaven is getting a free pass to rape a bunch of innocent young girls. It's being allowed to do something that God would view as depraved and evil.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back