Say Howdy to UTs new transfer RB

His wheels are well greased.
Very fast.
Very quick.
Not that big.
Porsche 911.

I'm guessing if we see him on the field that means we either have a 40 point lead or we've had a major catastrophy beyond what we've already experienced at the RB position.

I'm guessing if we see him on the field that means we either have a 40 point lead or we've had a major catastrophy beyond what we've already experienced at the RB position.
Dunno about that. His absurd speed may get him some looks out in the flats when the game matters.

Nice insurance pickup for the Horns, but I'm concerned about our ability to have running backs that can block effectively for Quin or Arch. Assuming Gibson stays healthy and is able to quickly pick up the necessary blocking schemes perhaps he's our answer, but all of our other backs are small.

Its the little things that can win or lose championships. One other concern is our punter. I have not heard anything about our true freshman punter. Our kicking game has been very good over the years, but relying on a freshman punter is somewhat risky.

They picked an experienced RB who can block to protect the QB. I am sure the plan is to get the young RB’s up to speed in games that don’t require good pass protection. However, in the big games, I bet this guy will be spelling Blue.

That's nice, but so are Blue, Wisner and Niblett. Where's a Cody Johnson when you need one?
I'd take a Mack Truck fullback about now.

(brings up that old coaches' saying about blocking a hole big enough to drive a Mack Truck through it... :beertoast: )

That was my first thought too!
Loved to see Cody come in on 3rd and 3….
I was hoping this kid was 220+, but fully trust Sark.
While he's short, he's not really slight of build. Probably durable enough to go inside when necessary, but really more of an outside the box, passes in the flats, sort of speed burner.

While he's short, he's not really slight of build. Probably durable enough to go inside when necessary, but really more of an outside the box, passes in the flats, sort of speed burner.
I've got it.

Wheel route to this guy. At least once per game.

The Horns have had their share of issues with short RBs on other teams, one particular dirt burglar comes to mind (although it is a memory that I prefer to stay far far away from), and the evil purple wizard had his fair share of short but way to effective RBs.

Someone please refresh my memory about transfer portal a week before season openers. And, please assure me they can’t swap jerseys and locker rooms at halftime.

Someone please refresh my memory about transfer portal a week before season openers. And, please assure me they can’t swap jerseys and locker rooms at halftime.
That only happens at USC, Oregon, OU, LSU, Michigan, VT, FSU, and in Brazos County

The portal is closed for anyone to enter, but anyone who entered before it closed and haven't removed their name is eligible to portal. That's why most teams will not allow a player in the portal to be on the team.

The Horns have had their share of issues with short RBs on other teams, one particular dirt burglar comes to mind (although it is a memory that I prefer to stay far far away from), and the evil purple wizard had his fair share of short but way to effective RBs.
Short RBs and 1-2 star White WRs (from 1A, 2A, or six-man football high schools) playing for Tech. Those are 2 of our all-time nemeses.

This guy does not look like a fill-in. Looks like a legitimate rb that can take it to the house. Quality pick up.
Yeah, that's part of what I'm saying. With that kind of speed, if we can isolate him on the edge, he'll break some of them for long gains or TDs.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back